Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do i wake feeling so nervous?!

Why do i wake feeling so nervous?!

Every single morning i wake up feeling so nervous and anxious! Even on days where i have nothing planned so nothing to get anxious about! I feel even worse if i ahve got something to do!
    I start to feel a little better once i'm up but it's every single morning i feel like it! It's getting me so down! I dread waking up in the morning!
    Does anyone else have this and what do they do about it?

Re: Why do i wake feeling so nervous?!

i am currently going through something similar. cant bare the thought of waking up as all my anxities come hurlting back and hits you like a tonne of bricks. is the worst feeling in the world.
    my partner makes me get out of bed and start moving otherwise id just be caught in the depressive state i get in and that aint good . I get dresses and at the moment forced to eat as my anxiety is really bad. even those are steps towards something i guess and they take away that initial hit of worry.

It's very common, something to do with the hormonal cycle I remember reading.

I get it every morning but just give myself 10-15 minutes before I do anything until it passes, which it usually does.

Me too bellesmummy, I've thought about this and discussed it with my therapist. Here are my thoughts:

1. low blood sugar - I always feel worse if I'm hungry and when you sleep, you fast for several hours. Not found an answer to this one as I usually have my supper before bed.

2. thought of facing another day with all of the same issues to face.

I start to feel a bit better once I'm occupied, like at work. I'm usually at my best in the evenings, which makes the mornings all the harder.

Cheers

Andy

I am the same, I wake up anxious and it is the pits! Once I have forced myself out of the house and got to work it improves. Like Andy above I am at my best in the evenings. So I would say it is quite common unfortunately.

it makes me feel better knowing its not just me I wake with it, it makes me want to stay in bed were it feels safe

Hi I have had this for several months after a bad bout of anxiety ,I always wake up with a churning stomach and I have done lots of research into this but there does not seem to be a easy answer likewise mine goes by the afternoon and evening am back to my normal self so I just have to let it happen x

Yes, I have this too so belles mummy we are all good company for each other! I have tried various things like doing meditation exercises in bed, trying to go back to sleep, reading, having a cuppa but nothing shifts it so get up I must. Even then it lurks around so I have breakfast as I do think it might be something to do with low blood sugars. After having my shower and getting dressed I do start to feel a little better but I have found that getting out of the house is the best way to deal with it. I have been told to ignore it but that is easier said than done!
    The one day I noticed it wasn't there, I was so surprised that I stressed about not feeling nervous and anxious that I wished it upon myself and felt ten times worse than I normally do!
    I think the best thing to do is get up and get going and try to occupy yourself to take your mind off the feelings.

Glad i am not alone in this!! I to wondered if it was low blood sugar but i feel so churned up inside it is really hard trying to eat anything! I also feel better once i'm up and dressed but its when i wake at 4am or 5am with it then can't get back to sleep, then i have to face the day feeling anxious and tired which doesn't really go well together!!

I always wake up with overwhelming anxiety, racing heart, adrenaline rushes etc. No matter what time it is I have to get up. So fed up with it! And tired too ... It's not helping my anxiety and this awfully painful TMJ I now have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information