Thread: Pregnancy after vasectomy, anyone?

Jem27 Guest

Pregnancy after vasectomy, anyone?

I have just read this online

'The time taken to reach azoospermia (no sperm in the specimen) after a vasectomy varies according to the study, but ten weeks appears to be typical. The average number of ejaculations to azoospermia is between 25 and 30, but some specimens were not clear until 60 ejaculations.'

My husband had a vasectomy earlier this year (not yet had the all clear). We had a little accident with a condom at the weekend, I haven't taken the MAP as I have taken it once and I bled very heavily for 3 weeks, my GP told me not to take it again.

Should I not let this concern me or would it worry you? my husband has deffinatly not ejaculated 25-30 times since the op [:P]

Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this but after some opinions. Tiny chance i might be pregnant, ekk.[8)]

Well personally I was extremly wary after hubby had the snip, even after he had the all clear I still made him use a condom for months afterwards [:I]

I suppose it depends how much it would affect you if you WERE pregnant. I had PND after my second child and hubby had the snip when she was about 18 months old. I would have been absolutely devastated to have been pregnant again.

I would phone my GP and ask his advise if I were you.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Kate,

It wouldn't be devastating as I was the one who didn't want him to have the snip in the end but he still went ahead with it which really did have an impact on our relationship:-(

I really want to avoid the map as last time I took it I felt dreadful for weeks.

Jem,

If being pregnant wouldn't be such a big deal for you, then I would be inclined to just sit back and see what happens!

As he had the snip quite a while back, it may well be that he isn't producing sperm now anyway.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Jem27 Guest
    I think thats probably the case so the risk is tiny anyway I suppose.

Thanks kate.

Thread Information