Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocked how common anxiety problems are...!

Shocked how common anxiety problems are...!

I first had anxiety around 5-6 months back, and after spending a lot of time and effort dealing with it i am 95% ok now.

Since iv had this horrible experience, I have since reaslised that 5 other people, in my workplace alone, have also sufered or are still suffering anxiety problems.

I work in a very professional company, and there would be no way of realising that these people were having any issues at all.

I am very close to a few work friends, and have discussed my feelings over the past few months, and I was very suprised to reaslise how common it actually is.

Hi Craig!
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. I've been suffering since Feb and like yourself, am 95% recovered now. I know exactly what you mean-I've been suffering from anxiety on and off for 7 years now and at first I was really scared to let anyone know I had problems as I thought they might write me off as a nut case! However, I've become a lot more accepting of my problem and since then I've been surprised by the number of people I know who have had anxiety/depression. Especially people of our age-I'm guessing you were born in 1980, I'm 1984. I was also shocked to read that the most common cause of death in men under 35 was suicide-forgive me for stereotyping, but I would have thought it would have been alcohol related or from road accidents! I think it just goes to show how much more stressful life is these days and that they need to do more to help people with anxiety disorders.
    All the best on your road to recovery,
    Sarah

Hi Craig,glad your feeling better.you are very lucky to have people to discuss anxiety with who understand.

Ellen XX

hi to you I to have work friends that are just like me they never would have thought that i suffer with anxiety. just goes to show we are not alone. thank god . everybody suffers with anxiety they just do,nt know it yet. lorrraine

hi, I think that 'stress' is often portrayed to be an older persons problem, there's very little public awareness about how much it affects young people (unless it has happened to them or someone they know), and theres practically no awareness that it can also affect children. In a way it should be obvious that it would affect children and young people; its the time in your life when you experience the most change.

hi craig, since 'coming out' about my anxiety to my family, ive found out that lots of the people in my family have anxiety issues of one form or the other - a lot of these are step-family so there is no genetic link, so to be honest i think its just that loads of people suffer and you just dont know about it.

I have yet to 'come out' to everyone else but my guess is that if i do i will probably have loads of other people telling me that they also suffer from anxiety. A couple of people i know have already told me about their mental health issues and i havent yet felt ready to tell them about mine, but it just goes to show how many people have these problems.

mag

hi craig well done on you feeling much better now.when i started to tell people how i was and suffered with anxiety and panic i was soooo shocked with the people who said that they suffer or had suffered with this it was unreal.you dont relize how many understand and have been there.it does help though when you relize it is so common and not just you.take care tracy

^^ exactly.

I thought i was going mad! but when i realised its quite common i was shocked, and it helped no end!

hi craig, ive only just found out i have anxiety disorder. i dont think some people realise how disabling it can be. i've been off work for 7 months and its been put down to stress, but its the other way round, stress feeds the anxiety. hope now i know i'll start to recover like you. well done you

hi craig, ive only just found out i have anxiety disorder. i dont think some people realise how disabling it can be. i've been off work for 7 months and its been put down to stress, but its the other way round, stress feeds the anxiety. hope now i know i'll start to recover like you. well done you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information