Hey, so I'm prone to tonsillitis. I'm 16 and up until the age of about 14, I'd never been affected by it. Then, I happened to get an ear infection and within a few months, I had tonsillitis (a pretty serious case). Over the next year or so, I had it a few more times, although the cases were minor and didn't warrant a trip to my GP, until I had a serious case again. After this, I had to visit my GP who prescribed me some anti biotics. After this, I didn't have any more symptoms and recovered fully, apart from my swollen glands. I thought they'd go away, but they didn't. My mum rushed me over to the GP who explained that they'd go down soon enough and it was just an effect of the tonsillitis. They've been there for about a year now. The glands are only swollen on the right hand side of my neck, where my neck meets my jaw and it's about an inch and a half in length. It's not that hard or really very visible, but certainly more swollen than it should be. My mum just presumed that I had a slightly larger gland and didn't see anything as being wrong. A few months ago, I started having very itchy skin, my eczema had returned (or so it seemed) and I began having headaches, a sore throat and feeling generally run down and ill. I was also having trouble sleeping (although that's not quite as bad now) and my body would be feverish at times. My periods have also become irregular and it is incredibly painful to swallow. I'm going to the doctor this week, should I be concerned?