Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autumn/winter anxiety

Autumn/winter anxiety

I was just wondering if anyone else starts to feel more anxious when autumn comes around and it starts being darker later in the mornings & earlier in the evenings? I felt so much less anxious over the summer, but since this recent change in the season my anxiety has come back with a vengeance and I have also started feeling very spaced out and unable to concentrate again. I have also been wondering whether a SAD lamp might help, and if anyone has tried one of these?

Thanks guys, Kxx

hi i have a sad lamp, dont know if it works but it does brighten the room up. I keep mine at work (school) and the kids notice the difference when its off. They tell me if we need it on. Just having a bright room helps.

I'm wired up backwards. I have spring freak-outs.

Hi Kiki I find my depression,moods are worse in the winter months.If its a cold day in winter but sunny I cheer up.Does that make sense.I feel the cold alot to which I dont like.[8D][8D]
    Take care

Ellen XX

I don't do so well during the short winter days either.

Hi,

Yes, my anxiety was better in the summer but the dark evenings soes make me a little more anxious.

red

Hello, well I bucked this trend, I posted "heatwave anxiety" on this forum in the summer because the hot weather pushed my anxiety through the roof. I love autumn and winter personally but I can relate to what you're saying about the seasons bringing on anxiety - we're all different. I think the lightbox idea could be good, but also getting out and about as much as possible in the daylight hours will help - even sitting in the garden wrapped up in a coat with a good book wil help - is it vitamn D? Anyway, it's a certain vitamin that we get from the sun that we lack in the darker months. Remember too, in just a few weeks the days will be geting longer again!

I was thinking about getting one of those lamps - I hate the dark nights, my anxiety has started to spiral again too!

Thanks for all your responses. It just helps to know that other people suffer from this too and I'm not going crazy (though I still feel I am sometimes). Don't think it helps that I work full-time in an air-conditioned office with artificial lighting...so went for it & bought a SAD lamp yesterday, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Only got a very small one though as never realised how expensive they were!

Take care xx

Hi Kiki,

Try these posts they may be of some help!

SAD

seasons??
    SAD?

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information