Hi I'm new to the site. I've been googling symptoms for throat cancer and I can pretty much tick all the boxes. I have this white spot at the back of my throat on the right hand side near my tonsils - its been there for three weeks and has affected my ear and neck and I have felt generally unwell and feeble. I smoked for many years and successfully gave up after (three years of trying) in March of this year. I have anxiety and guilt issues around the smoking so to me every sore throat or cold is the start of some smoking related cancer. This time though I feel really scared. I have suffered panic attacks in the past, again over illness issues and now feel in an anxious and fearful state ever since seeing my doctor yesterday when she saw the lump. I have been prescribed antibiotics and told its too early to worry about anything and to come back next week. I am just so fed up with feeling poorly and fed up with feeling frightened and tense. I just want to try and get on with life feeling secure and unafraid. I feel such a fool trying to explain how I feel to people and my doctor. I am so glad I found this site. Thanks for reading this. Any advice welcome. Love Alison K