Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manic depression

Manic depression

Ok I almost didnt want to write this because I have been doing so well, and I think writing this is sort of making me feel a bit worse because Its accepting i feel anxious again.
    Ive been a bit tired the last coupld of days and a bit weepy, but I seem to think i might be manic depressive. Why I dont know, ive been anxious and ive been to work today and ive felt fine. I had a row with my partner and felt down, then went to visit my mate and she made me all happy again. But i sat there and thought what if its bi-polar becuase i was sad then down. How silly i know.[|)]

I feel im letting myself down again now

i feel in a way im letting people down on here too. I want people to still know, it can be done xx

hi kimmy
    dont worry your not alone ive been battling with deppression gad for about 5 years now and the times ive felt i was over it ive lost count of onlly to slip back again.Draw comfort in the fact that you do have good times in your life and as long as you make an effort life will get better it may take time but it will happen i will leave you with an old chinese proverb, [the walk of a thousand miles has to start with a single step]

I felt really bad coming back here after posting how well I was doing, so I know how you feel. It's kind of like admitting defeat and you don't want to discourage anyone else.

But I like to think that I WILL get better, there will be some blips on the way, but we will ALL get there one day (hopefully sooner rather than later!). I guess it's a case of taking each day as it comes.

I also find that I am rather "manic". I had an upset with a friend and it caused me to sink right back again, then when I felt better I was bursting with enthusiasm, then I slipped back again, then had a few good days, currently on a couple of bad days but determined to feel good again.

Even before anxiety, we would all have had good and bad days, I think the difference is that we question and analyse them now, whereas before we just wrote them off as crap days!

Hope you are feeling better soon. xxx

During the summer I was anxious about seback. My extremely philosophical greek psychiatrist told me that life is full of peaks and troughs, without the ups and downs we'd simply flatline!

I concur with ckirby25. Anxiety makes you question every little feeling and fluctuation in mood and then we tend to try to pinpoint the exact deep and meaningful reason why we feel that way. We anxiety sufferers always look for the most catastrophic cause for feeling the way we do and then we go and believe it!

Hope your feeling better!

Alison xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

Thanks so much, wise words
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can relate to you all, I spent a good few years thinking i was completely cured. no gad, no health anxiety, no social anxiety then bam, it felt like overnight i was back to square 1 crying to a new therapist that i just couldnt climb mount everest again (as that is how it feels to me). he told me that although i would feel much better and recover for long periods of time that i would always suffer setbacks and would have to ensure that i have coping strategies in place to deal with them. This mortified me because as you know it a constant barage of one anxiety after another and i can all sometimes feel just too overwhelming to deal with. As for the bi-polar, this scares the hell out of me and i too go from being up to down very very quickly, but despite this i have been diagnosed as having gad and try to keep that in mind. Maybe you should go to the docs to get reasurrance to nip this worry in the bud before it gets to you too much.

Michelle.

hello all
    its refreshing to know that were not alone with this s..t isntit? i feel that although i dont know you all personally,that you are all kindred spirits and friends and we understand each other so much better than our nearst and dearests at times lol[^] .
    every time i write on this amazing website i feel so much better and its saving me a fortune on therapists!
    speak to you all soon
    Mick

Mick i agree with everything you have said - this site has helped me soo much and everyone is so willing to help and give advice. My husband is totally sick of my anxiety after all these years and its impossible nowadays to ask him for any support at all. I realy dont know how i coped before!

Michelle
    xx

hi gad
    love your username [^]shows you got a sense of humour yeh the partners eh? i know ive put my missus through alot lately but sometimes i wish she could walk a mile in my shoes to see what it feels like still at least with got this website to help us through
    cheers mick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information