Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unsure what to do!?

Re: Unsure what to do!?

I definitely chuckled at Skippy's response as it was mine too! ~lol~

That being said, fresh cooked soups are fine for upwards of 3-4 days in the fridge, 2-3 months in the freezer.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm sorry, but can we all just hang on one moment here please

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm feeling a little raw because of recent events, but I'm finding it a little unpleasant that someone posts about something that they are concerned about and a couple of people seem to find it amusing? You know who you are, so I've no need to spell it out.

This is a forum for people who suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, each and everyone of us has different fears and worries and just because you may not be worried about that sort of thing, doesn't mean that someone else isn't.

How would you feel if you posted up a worry you had and people then came on making sarcastic comments and finding it amusing??

Please, remember that even though this is the internet, somebody, a human with feeling that can be hurt, is sitting right behind that monitor that you're looking at.

So please be respectful and patient with others who just happen to have different worries and fears to you

Emma,

maybe the best thing to do is the thing you feel most comfortable with and is convenient too.

I would be happy with something like that in the fridge but people do vary a lot about food storage ideas with or without anxiety.

Taking food in to work is a great idea though, especially as the weather gets colder. Sounds delicious.

After cooking food you must let it cool down before placing in the fridge or freezer. The fridge should be at a temperature between 2 and 4 degrees, a freezer should be at least minus 18 degrees. If they are at this temp then refrigerated chicken casserole will last 3 days and frozen casserole should last 3 months but probably longer.

Finally I agree with AuntMoosie's last post - sarcastic comments are not welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMoosie View Post
    I'm sorry, but can we all just hang on one moment here please

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm feeling a little raw because of recent events, but I'm finding it a little unpleasant that someone posts about something that they are concerned about and a couple of people seem to find it amusing? You know who you are, so I've no need to spell it out.

This is a forum for people who suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, each and everyone of us has different fears and worries and just because you may not be worried about that sort of thing, doesn't mean that someone else isn't.

How would you feel if you posted up a worry you had and people then came on making sarcastic comments and finding it amusing??

Please, remember that even though this is the internet, somebody, a human with feeling that can be hurt, is sitting right behind that monitor that you're looking at.

So please be respectful and patient with others who just happen to have different worries and fears to you

Great post

Her post is no more silly or amusing then someone coming on worrying they have skin cancer because they found a red spot on their arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Em.ma View Post
    Thanks.
    I'm going to start making a dish each week for work.
    So will need to freeze wed and Thursdays. Would I have to take out the night before and pop in fridge to defrost? Or leave on counter over night and pop in fridge when I get to work ?:S
    Don't leave the food out on the counter over night. Pop it in the fridge over night and back into the fridge at work.

Well said Moosie.

I understand where people are coming from, but I've got to say - when I'm in my own state of extreme anxiety, it often really helps me to have somebody laugh - as long as the intention isn't mean spirited (which I don't think it is here, given that the people in question come here only to help people) - because it helps me see how absurd I am being. If everyone took my fears seriously all the time, I'd probably take them more seriously.

When I mentioned my current lung cancer concerns the other night, my husband said "Yeah, the doctors are all wrong. You know better and are that 1 in a million who not only has lung cancer but also madness disease" and laughed. I was offended for about a second and then laughed too.

Quote Originally Posted by katesa View Post
    I understand where people are coming from, but I've got to say - when I'm in my own state of extreme anxiety, it often really helps me to have somebody laugh - as long as the intention isn't mean spirited (which I don't think it is here, given that the people in question come here only to help people) - because it helps me see how absurd I am being. If everyone took my fears seriously all the time, I'd probably take them more seriously.

When I mentioned my current lung cancer concerns the other night, my husband said "Yeah, the doctors are all wrong. You know better and are that 1 in a million who not only has lung cancer but also madness disease" and laughed. I was offended for about a second and then laughed too.
    Exactly! And when you look at the context/content of the OP, it truly was suited for a Martha Stewart forum as opposed to a panic forum as I didn't get the impression at all that the OP was in a panic about the subject.

Positive thoughts and prayers
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Exactly! And when you look at the context/content of the OP, it truly was suited for a Martha Stewart forum as opposed to a panic forum as I didn't get the impression at all that the OP was in a panic about the subject.

Positive thoughts and prayers
    I felt exactly the same when I first read it yesterday. I don't think anyone was trying to make fun or laugh at any anxiety-the op was just phrased in a way that implied a cooking query rather than an anxiety one.

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information