Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: huge panic attack ,sooo disappointed.Feel lousy.

huge panic attack ,sooo disappointed.Feel lousy.

oh dear me,just when every thing was going so well i have a huge stinking panic attack[Sigh...]it wasa humdinger and i feel very poorly and tearfull :(i was on my way back from a party.I had stayed over night in a hotel[Yeah!]had a fab time fancy dress the lot[:P]..well my tum was upset really crampin and i felt sick .Allof a sudden it swept over me [Ugh]i took control at first ,used all the stratagies i have learnt on here and it seemed to work.I was soo chuffed[Yeah!]..then BAM...it came back and NOTHING i did helped i was out of control.i wanted to throw myself out of the car i was so frightened and i was sceaming for help..i took valium and that didnt help either[Sigh...]..i wished more than anything ,at that point ,that i could have rung one of you.I did ring my Son and he talked to me ,thru my screams and tears for an hour and a half[the length of the journey[Ugh]]Bless him as i dont know how i would have coped if he hadnt ,i think i would have had to go t hospital or sum such[:P]I did calm down eventually,but i feel so low and beaten again...i knew it never truly goes away,but i was not prepared for such a bad one .It has left me scared , am i back to square one?..afraid of the fear.?I wonder why that happened????Thanks for reading this ..feel lost at present.thanks ,love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Deary me Mary Rose sounds like you had a pretty lousy time!! Although I know little about you I guess you have travelled a long road and that you are nowhere near square 1.

When we have setbacks it will initially feel like we are back at the start but it is how we recover the situation that truely measures where we are at.

Lets hear all about the fab time at the party and consider what progress you had made in order to be there.

In the meantime,
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mary Rose}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez

Hi Maryrose sorry to hear you have had a relapse,I know how you feel.This happened to me a few months back.You will get better again,just doesnt seem like it at the moment.
    take care

Ellen XX

Setbacks are exactly that - setbacks. If we can try and view them the same way as we would if it were a physical complaint it might help. For instance if we had a migraine or a nosebleed or a bout of sickness we wouldn't like it but we wouldn't let it undermine us ongoing would we.

I mean I don't worry about the headache I had last week or the bout of IBS I had a few years ago but funny I do still worry about the panic attack I had in Sept 1999. We seem to take these to heart so much more don't we but if we could quantify them the same way we do other unpleasent things that happen then maybe we could move off from them quicker.

I'm managing this approach with palpitations much better than a few years ago - Meg told me to try and view them like I would an annoying run of sneezes, so I do. This is the approach I want to try with panic (although it seems a lot harder).

Anyway you are most definately not alone on this one!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Maryrose,
    Sorry you're feeling bad at the moment.Hope you're feeling better soon.Be kind to yourself,you sound like a lovely lady.
    julie x

Hi Mary Rose first thank you very much for the kind reply you gave to me. I am sorry to hear about the hard time you have had. I hope that you feel better soon, you did so well to go aslong without one.

Remeber to take one day at a time and have plenty of time for yourself.

Take Care

R.Stevenson

I am sorry you had this setback, that's always rough. My theory is that we don't stand excitement as well as other people who never had panic.
    Excitement can be either good or bad, but our bodies tend to react the same way. That is why it's not uncommon to get a setback after having a really good time, even though it seems so unfair.
    But you are in no way back to square one. You got over this one, and each and every time it will get easier, I am sure.
    Good luck and take care.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

I wish panic and anxiety showed up somewhere on you like a rash or something so you could see it coming and put some cream on it or something but it is so hard when it is all in your head. You don't know how bit it is, how bad it is or anything. That's how i feel at the moment. Feel like i will never live a happy fullfilling life without having this hanging over me all the time like a black cloud.
    Hope you are feeling better mary - this happens to us all, i try to think it makes you stronger. You will be ok, it will passxx

Hi Mary Rose !

Sorry to hear about your setback, you have been doing so well, try not to let it get to you! I myself have had many setbacks over the years, but at least i am now stronger than what i used to be, im sure you are too Mary!
    You have made so many acheivements over the months, what with your driving and going to the concerts etc. try and remember what you have achieved Maryrose and how stronger you are now ! Dont let any set back get you down, you are worth alot more that !

Im so proud of you!

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Mary Rose

So sorry to hear about this major panic.

It is however NOT a step back. We call them blips and it does not mean you are back at square one atall.

You have come so far and learnt too much to be back where you started.

Try not to dwell on it ok as that just makes the whole thing seem so much worse.

See it as a one-off and you CAN get back on track again ok.

Just be kind to yourself and take things gently.

Big hugs to you
    xxxx

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information