Thread: Preparing for the Storm

Exclamation Preparing for the Storm

Re: Preparing for the Storm

Thank you for sharing this website.

Good link.

The weather will be worse across the south of England and Wales but there's a chance it could go further down or further up. Winds COULD reach 90mph.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

hmmmmm............this Moosie one is right in the blerdy path of the little nasty

Please don't be getting too scared or frightened though, remember how the press and media like to hype things up........I think they're more worried about making another boo boo after what happened in 1987, so they're probably just covering themselves, best to exaggerate it than to under estimate it

Try to remain rational, I've been on the Met Office site about an hour ago, they're still saying that it's hard to predict exactly whats likely to happen, if anything, or where it's going to hit the worse.

There is a possibility, and I'll say that again, a "possibility" that there "MAY" be some damage done, the Met Office are not saying for definite

I've already done some bits to get prepared but nothing major, just got my torches and candles ready, and to hand, so that I'm not flying over everything trying to find some light!!!!! been caught out like that before and nearly done myself some untold damage in the process!!

If it does hit us hard, just keep yourself as safe as possible, staying indoors is the best option for all of us, plus it will make it a whole lot easier on the emergency services, if we do what we can to keep ourselves safe, thus taking the pressure off of them

The emergency services are already requesting that we only dial 999 in an absolute emergency and that we should use the 101 number for anything else, please, lets all think of our service people and make life as easy as we can for them, if needed, they're going to be the folks out there risking life and limb as it is

Putting it all in perspective, I have friends that live in America and one of them lives in Florida................now, talk to them about a storm!!!.........this would be a drop in the ocean for them, believe me

I don't want want to worry people but you've also got to be cafreful AFTER the storm has passed. Loose slates/tiles and so on.

If the phone lines go down, use skype.

Take indoors, things such as plant pots, parasols and recycle boxes. I've seen recycle boxes sliding down the non hilly road before, because of the wind and that could cause traffic probs.

Clear your hallways and so on, cos if it's dark, you don't wanna be tripping up.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

http://www.ready.gov/basic-disaster-supplies-kit

I've just read they've downgraded the warning a bit, from 80-90mph gusts to 50mph, although they say it could still change. Fingers crossed! Stay safe everyone.

Thread Information