Thread: How do you feel after a panic attack?

How do you feel after a panic attack?

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone else feels heightened anxiety up to a few days after a panic attack? I had one two days ago. Wasn't huge, but since then my anxiety is through the roof even two-three days later? Anyone else feel like this?

Re: How do you feel after a panic attack?

Yes I do. I get panic attacks in the night very often and if feel completely out of sorts the next day and even up to 3 days til I feel a little better. Sending hugs

Yes, definitely.

I think it is two things. Firstly, a hangover from the anxiety that cause the attack, and secondly, feeling anxious because I have had another attack, and worrying about the possible next one.

Sometimes though, I do find my anxiety is BETTER after an attack, as it is almost like a release of the anxiety that has built up to that point....weird.

After a panic attack ... I feel physically drained, weak and tired literally after i had one would fall asleep. I think it's just the fact your whole body has been knackered out from all the action going on inside it and maybe your minds tired from all goings on so needs a sleep to recuperate.

I used to feel great after a panic attack. During a panic attack I didn't think there would be an 'after the panic attack', as I was convinced I was having a heart attack.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by skippy66 View Post
    I used to feel great after a panic attack. During a panic attack I didn't think there would be an 'after the panic attack', as I was convinced I was having a heart attack.
    Ahhh the ohhh s**t Im having a heart attack feeling!!! Panic attacks are such sneaky buggers the way the mimic cardiac arrest :-/

Thread Information