Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel lousy

Feel lousy

I don't know what's wrong. I've felt rubbish all week. But I'm feeling today worse.
    I'm wiped out exhausted, my head and ears feel like they've got cotton wool in and they keep ringing.
    I'm worried its my blood pressure being low. But I don't know if that would affect me like this.
    And I still feel like I can't breath at times. Like tightness around upper chest and throat.

Re: Feel lousy

Quite often when Im over tired, stressed, had a hard day - Its easy for me to get anxious. Im not too sure about the head and ears feeling like they have cotton wool in them, unless perhaps you have a head cold coming on but I can certainly tell you that the feeling you can't breathe at times, tightness in upper chest and throat are all classic symptoms of anxiety. Just take a few moments to yourself. Sit with your eyes closed and take a few deep breaths. It sounds like you have had a tough week, just sit back and have a nice relaxing weekend.

Thanks for your reply. Its like a pressure feeling in my ears. I want to keep trying to clear them.

Mummy are you getting on with recovering from anxiety disorder? That's the thing you're ill with so? Come on, you can do it. We all can with a little help and encouragement.

If you're buggy (under the weather) then it's nothing a few paracetamol, fluids and rest won't solve. Get well soon then ... get well from the anxiety

In the event something I say looks off kilter or I've made a spelling mistake it's not me, it's my iPad. Auto-correct is a damn nuisance and I'm too lazy to get upright and sit at my desktop computer

The reason I feel anxious is because of these awful things happening to me. I have got low blood pressure and I'm worried its causing me issues. I keep going light headed even sitting down, spinny, short of breath, and I could literally fall asleep. I am forcing myself to stay awake!

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

I feel certain my heart isn't working properly/efficiently and its causing all these issues.

Ok if that's how you see it. Time to get yourself to the doctors. You need to push your doctor to refer you for all tests related to your heart/blood pressure problems. Time to bite the bullet and put yourself through the mill.

All being well someone will be able to tell you that something serious is wrong and tell you that you've got either a shortened life span or a long and difficult road to recovery.

Or you could just try and face up to the fact that you have anxiety disorder and deal with that.

You don't want to hear that you're well, only that you're not. You constantly seek reassurance and don't accept it when offered. Are you sure you're ready to be told your end may be nigh?

Whatever you choose to do, I sincerely wish you the best.

In the event something I say looks off kilter or I've made a spelling mistake it's not me, it's my iPad. Auto-correct is a damn nuisance and I'm too lazy to get upright and sit at my desktop computer

I have to agree with Andria.

mummyanxious, had you not been told recently that your blood pressure (on that occasion) was low, you would doubtless not be at all worried or focused on it now....had it not been measured, you would probably be none the wiser, it is just that now you have seen that reading, anxiety is creating a lot of your 'symptoms', as you are looking for them and relating them to low BP.

It sounds impossible, but it isnt, as anxiety symptoms can mirror low BP symptoms - light-headedness, weakness, etc.

You had one low reading. That doesn't mean you have a diagnosis of consistent low blood pressure, and even if you have, it really is not worth worrying about. As many people in the know (like Fishmanpa for instance) said, low blood pressure is not as big a worry as high blood pressure.

You say you don't know what's wrong. I think you do, but your mind is screaming otherwise. This is anxiety at its peak. It does make you feel crappy physically. I bet most of us with anxiety here have been there more than once.

You need to try to take emphasis off your physical health and focus on really trying to address the anxiety, as it seems to really be making you feel awful.

I wish you well.x
    Last edited by debs71; 16-11-13 at 13:45.

Hypo,

Aside from the symptoms which are classic anxiety related symptoms, you're worried about what you perceive to be a low BP reading. Unless it's REALLY low, having BP on the low side of normal is actually a good thing. Take that from someone who suffers(ed) from heart problems and high BP and takes meds for it!

Your BP was 99/79 and your pulse was 60 from your previous post. That's like the BP and pulse of an athlete... bet Dr. Google didn't tell you that

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Mummy, I wish that I had your blood pressure. That's great! That is the thought that you should keep repeating to yourself. Worrying about"blood pressure", high or low, is a set up for the anxiety to go on a roller coaster ride. The anxiety can and will cause all of the symptoms that you're describing.

Mummy, you've got some great responses on this post from seasoned members who have helped me immensely. Please try to listen to them and just take a chance on believing they're correct. Acceptance is half of the battle won.

I'm sorry I really do appreciate your replies but I'm not a quivering nervous wreck sat here surfing google all the time. I haven't googled at all. And I have had low bp the past few times I've been to the dr. In fact its been lower each visit.
    I'm concerned about my symptoms. I don't just sit here worrying, I help myself when I'm stressed by reading the self help books and meditation.
    Maybe I have a virus, I just don't know. But having suffered in the past from anxiety and knowing the symptoms, and having never suffered from low blood pressure in my life until recently I am uneasy.
    I am not an athlete and not fit in the least so why should my pulse and bp be low therefore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information