Thread: Me again.. sorry

Me again.. sorry

Belly pain this time... i have had this on and off for number of years now.. but it seems to have gotten more persistent especially since i developed anxiety.

its not a pain, well its almost there.. more of an uncomfortable feeling.. this time i have had it for 4 days now.

its to the right side of me just below my ribs, kind of a dull ache that changes feeling if i move different positions.. more prominent if i slouch.

i have attached a link with diagram. (sorry i know i shouldn't google) and have circled where the 'feeling' is. (front and back of my ribs at the bottom of the right side also feel tender)

http://62.3.253.62/pain.jpg

of course now i have seen that's where my colon is im even more worried.

i have been to the docs twice with this. first prescribed me zantac. which after a week worked. then when it started again 12+ months after i tried normal zantac but it didnt work so i went to the docs.

on both times they examined and felt my belly and councluded there was nothing wrong and again prescribed me prescription zantac. it worked for a couple of weeks then returned. it now returns on and off every week or so...

can anyone help? very worried alex... :(

Thanks lucy...

do your ribs hurt too? mine are tender in the position for the pain. both at the front and at the back

Hi there ,
    sounds like stomach acid to me, i've suffered on and off with it for 2/3 yrs now. Ask your doctor for something stronger ,zantac did not work for me, im on omeprazole 20mg and tht seems to help ,you can get it without a prescription( just ask at the pharmacy) as well if you cant wait to see the doc.
    But dont worry (not tht im the best one to tell you tht) i had an endoscopy for similar symptoms and it came back clear, if your doc thought it was serious im sure he would have arranged one for you.
    Hope it gets better soon, if not ask for an endoscopy at least it will put your mind at rest. Good Luck !!

Thanks guys.

its just feels wierd.. as i move round trying to feel what it feels like... it feels like theres something inside that shouldn't be there.. its worrying... and i dont understand why its makeing my ribs hurt either!

can it be caused by diet? fatty foods etc? i doo tent to have a cheaky chineese every week :(

I've had exactly that pain yesterday in just the same place.

Today though it seems to have moved to the centre of my chest as more of a bruised feeling also feeling it in the centre of my back. Also under my right ribs at the front now feels bruised.

Do you think this could be stomach acid related ?

Dave

seems to be what most people are saying - and relates to the drugs the doc has put me on in the past so its possible i suppose.

tho it would be my last guess, but thats just me and my anxiety hehe

Thread Information