Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet more uncontrollable rage

Yet more uncontrollable rage

I've no idea whatsoever where it comes from or why it appears but I went bezerk again last night breaking my shopping board into pieces. I just flew off the handle and flew into a rage because I couldn't get it to stand up properly so I smashed it. It seems to be getting worse and worse and the counselling isn't helping as they just stare at me blankly when I tell them I get like this as if they have no idea what is wrong. That's why I think I need a psychologist or psychiatrist. I also get eally upset when I break things as I get attached to items or inanimate objects a I have no humans to get attatched too. Pathetic but true.

Sorry to hear you feeling like that hun.

In my experience i tend to get like this when my thoughts roll into one and when i feel like a prisoner in my own mind. I get angry and snappy at every little distraction from my mad thoughts and i lash out and find myself soo difficult to control. I have on occasion smashed things and got quite out of control with it. I have been better since it started to effect my kids as i was snappy with them and it just was not fair. I realise its hard but maybe when you feel these feeling go and lay down, listen to a relaxation tape or have a hot bath - anything that will distract you and enable you to count to ten. If you realy feel like you CANT control it then maybe you should mention it to the doc to refer you to someone who could help.

Hope your feeling ok now!!

Michelle
    x

Thanks Michelle

the trouble with the rage ourburts are I never know when they are going to happen and they happen before I know it. Sometimes I feel a wave of it building up in me but mostly it's like something is taking over me ane the desctruction has hapenned before I know it. It's scary and sometimes even heartbreaking as I destroy items that mean a lot to me. Sometiems I even feel I could harm myself. I actually did once during a very bad bout. And the problem is if I cut myself I won't stop bleeding because of my bleeding disorder.

Hi Polly

You sound a little like a bottle of pop thats been shaken!! I know you are not alone with these feelings and you need to find a way of a) relaxing as Michelle says and b) trying to work out what it is that is triggering how you feel and in particular your outbursts.

I am surprised that you are not getting the support you need from your counsellor...maybe you neeed to take this to your GP...and tell your counsellor you are doing that.

You are not alone with this Polly.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Hi Hun -
    I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time right now.
    I know what it's like to feel like you can burst into a rage at any time. I think that the biggest problem I had was that the anxiety/panic takes over and sometimes made me feel like I had no control and that really pi@@ed me off. I had to really pay attention and learn to recognize the early signals that I was going to fly off the handle and consciously dial myself back. I even used the same breathing techniques to calm my temper that I use for my anxiety and that seemed to help alot too. It was really hard and I still have little bouts from time to time but it has helped in my situation.
    You are definitely not alone in this hun and if you need to talk just let me know
    xxx
    Sandy

God, I am the exact same, Try and beat this one!!! I was drinking tea one evening and my son came over and spilt some of it round me as he was trying to climb up on me, I was roasted, I got up and let a row of F***ks out of me and through the cup of tea (Half full) of the wall and it smashed and went everywhere. Luckly Child wasn't hurt. I've since started to bite my tounge, but find I get wound up very easily

Check Out My Anxiety Diary

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=127587744

If anything i'm the reverse of you - too calm. I wish i could show more emotion. Yes i get annoyed, but i just can't really let go. I write a lot, letter's pages, magazines, b boards, it's helps let out anger safely. I've writen poety and tried knitting as well. My problem is i can hate people, whatever they do to me. I feel sorry for them. I've been attacked on these boards and just think that person is in pain and can't control themselves.
    Perhaps you and i should be locked in a room till i can let off steam (learn from you) and you can stay calm! Yes it can be just as bad to bottle things up as to let it out too often. I have met people with anger management problems and been both physically and verbally threatened. Most of them also have drink/ drug problems (which i in no way suggest you have obviously). They see every day as a battle with everyone out to get them, so they have to get in first with an assult, written, verbal etc.
    But that's a choice. I don't go looking for trouble and mix with calm loving people. I avoid those who want to argue. One particular person on this board is trying to get to me especially, but i've just decided to ignor them and they'll get the message and toddle off eventually. Let's see if they reply to this topic and then i can ignor them again lol!

Love to all members

Guess that is aimed at me, and I am sorry I don't toddle anywhere, I don't like your self righteous attitude and I speak my mind.

All you do on here is boast about what you have, where you have been and how wonderful you are..........well reality check we arent all that gullible.

Funny how you didnt chose to ignore me when you needed me to remove your £60,000 topic you posted, which by the way you never thanked me for removing for you !!!

I am on here to help people not boast, why are you here as you are obviously cured???.........oh silly me i wont get an answer because you ignore me lol

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> I've been attacked on these boards and just think that person is in pain and can't control themselves. </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    you get 'attacked' because you post things which bloody annoy people !!

Trac

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> My problem is i can hate people, whatever they do to me. I feel sorry for them. I've been attacked on these boards and just think that person is in pain and can't control themselves.

<div align="right">Originally posted by NPS_Paul - 09 November 2006 : 22:15:16</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Did you really mean this? You hate people?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Gosh Paul !

"I Dont go looking for trouble !" you say !!

I think trouble must be your middle name !!

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information