Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've made myself so ill!

I've made myself so ill!

Woke up this morning feeling awful I really am terrified of Cancer and probably have no reasons to be the fear I have is awful I can't go on like this it's taking over my life!

Re: I've made myself so ill!

Hi Kelsey, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad today.

Have you got any stress management tools you can use? Or are you doing anything to manage the anxiety like CBT or counselling?

Hi thanks for the reply I have been referred for cbt just waiting for a appointment and been taking anti d's for a couple of days I feel so awful I keep checking my body over and looking up symptoms I feel like a burden on my children and family :(

That's great about the CBT, I hope that you're not waiting for very long. Give the medication a little time to work, it can be a few weeks before you feel the benefit of it.

Do you use any relaxation techniques to help you with the stress?

I no I hope the cbt works my mind just feels overworked thinking bad things all the time! No I just try and breath and tell myself I'm being silly x

Telling yourself you're being silly isn't going to help, beating yourself up never does any good. You need to understand that you have an anxiety disorder and that it takes some work to get better. It's OK to feel bad sometimes.

A daily relaxation practice like meditation or a little yoga would help enormously, would you ever consider something like that?

This may sound crazy but I believe my anxiety is caused because I truely believe something is wrong with me is that part of HA? I feel like I'm going crazy x

A big problem with HA is believig that something is wrong with you, and constantly seeking reassurance about it - but really the main problem is simply the anxiety. So the key is dealing with the anxiety itself, and catch the problem at it's root.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey91 View Post
    This may sound crazy but I believe my anxiety is caused because I truely believe something is wrong with me is that part of HA? I feel like I'm going crazy x
    This is how I feel if I didn't have a symptom or a thought I'd be ok .... I wouldn't have anxiety

It's awful isn't it Natalie I just can't bare it anymore x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information