Thread: mole

mole

Hi:

I am a 35 year old male.

I've had a small mole on my stomach for a while now, and never really noticed it change at all.

I've even been to the dr, where they looked at it during a general mole exam (but I didn't really mentioned anything special about it, since at the time I hadn't noticed any changes).

It looks pretty normal: dark brown, perfect circle, 4mm, pretty well defined edges, not really raised, single colour.

Anyways... I was looking at some pictures from about two years ago, and noticed there that the mole actually has grown a fair bit over the last two years. Hard to tell from the pic, but perhaps going from 2mm to 4mm over the last two years?

I am making an appointment to get it looked at again... but would appreciate any insight that would help put my mind at ease in the interim... I'm freaking out. Why is it growing? Is it the c word?

Re: mole

I am incredibly moley and have had moles checked several times. I have been told that it is common for moles to change during ones lifetime and are more often then not absolutely fine. It is always best to check a mole that's changed anyway.

A change of 2mm to 4mm over two years is a very slow change. Cancerous moles tend to grow much quicker then that in a shorter amount of time, and also change shape and colour. I was told that by a dermatologist that I saw for my last mole. But there is absolutely no harm in getting it checked if it's concerning you.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: mole

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Makes me feel a little better.

I will still get it looked at again, but is at least helping me cope in the mean time.

Thank you

Thread Information