Thread: Foods that help

Foods that help

I just read a topic about food intolerance, and I know that caffeine isn't good when you suffer from panic attacks, but is there any food that might actually be helpful to eat to either prevent an attack or help you through it?

i think its just anything healthy, but i have come across anxiety recipes before and food to help with anxiety, best thing to do is google for it, i lost all the links im afraid!

Healthy food...healthy mind and body so they say!

Becci x x x

Hi Eveline

I found I was worse in the summer hols, and that is when I was eating lazily. Chips, take away, ice creams etc. This lead to my sugar/energy levels being less stable which made me feel panicky when I felt wobbly because of energy. And feeling panicky with adrenaline and all that uses energy too and makes you feel worse.

I have found since coming home from hols that I have eaten better, trying to follow a low GI diet because that gives lots of slow release energy without the highs and lows. I've also almost totally cut out sugarand caffeine.

Interestingly, I decided we should have a treat the other day and bought toffee cheesecake. I was really affected by the sugar and felt jittery. That was a lesson learned for me!!

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Bananas are very good - I always have one if I am in a rush to get out and not much time to eat.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

eating every 2-3 hours also helps keep blood sugar stable, just make sure you eat low Gi (she says whilst eating rolos ).

Nicola, Bananas are what athletes eat, I know at wimbledon they eat a banana .

All banana recipes welcome.

mirryx

Oilyh fish is good aswell. Tuna, Salmon or sardines They boost the chemicals in your body xxxx

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

As mentioned i have heard that bananas are very good and also help with depression. Vitamin B for the girls is supposed to be good around that time of the month as i feel my anxiety and mood levels are very high/low at that time.
    Camomile tea is good to calm and some nuts are good to eat - i think it's almonds that are good to help reduce anxiety.

Almonds? That's good I'm eating them now..... though they are covered in dark chocolate!

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thread Information