Thread: Urgent anxiety please answer!

Urgent anxiety please answer!

Hello,
    I have two questions I've been living a peak of anxiety in the latest few days, I dumped my ex who was lying to me and not being faithful, I started having extreme doubts and some paranoid thoughts that I do not believe but I am panicking because of these intrusive thoughts. I have a question: My Doctor said there is no way I develop a psychosis, but I am panicking about it and the thoughts sometimes when Im very anxious make me paralyzed and feel so afraid as if they were true. Does paranoia start little by little after an emotional shock? Or it is either we have paranoia or we don't? I am very sociable I love talking to people and everything but lately been living doubts regarding intentions and sometimes I laugh about my thoughts yet sometimes Im scared to death. My Doctor suggested I increase my dosage of fluoxetine 20mg to 40 mgs for a month, do you think this may help? And I remember she said I should take double pills of 20mgs in the morning, would that lead to make me become schizophrenic or paranoid or cause me another mental illness? Please answer me I need to start increasing.. But Im panicking and thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Please answer me please!!! I feel so bad!!

Re: Urgent anxiety please answer!

Hello.

I would suggest a change in user name, that's got to be the most depressing one yet. If your doctor has suggested the dosage then why are you asking random people here if that's ok? Sometimes you said you laugh at your thoughts, well that's half the battle, so why not harness that state of mind? If you are that concerned about medication may I suggest you come of them? There are other ways you know. Books, diet, exercise, relaxation, meditation and so on.

You obviously feel really bad right now. Just do as the doctor asked you to if you want to go the medicine route. This will pass with time.

I don't believe you will develop psychosis from a break up.

Best of luck to you.

Do you know what? Weird irrational thoughts are normal. 'Normal' people have them, the difference between you and 'normal' people is your focusing on these weird thoughts, giving them life and meaning, when the truth is it's just your mind, and you are not your mind.

Pay them no interest, let them go like a puff of smoke and they will settle down.

Thread Information