Thread: About the heart

About the heart

I have a symptom thats really getting to me. yet its very uncommon for me. Usually i only get this once.. and it happens once in a blue moon. Last night it happened about 3 or four times in a row and thats what has me worried.

I cant really explain what it feels like. I can almost feel it coming on. It feels like my heart or something contracts. Almost like a feeling of gas, or a contraction of some sort. Then there is a pause and a strong heart beat. The onset of it almost feels like the stomach or gas, Like some kind of gas pocket going somewhere. But last night since it happened 3 times in a row i was able to check my pulse. When i felt the weird contraction type feeling, there was a pause in my pulse, and then a strong heart beat. Im almost sure its my heart but im not positive maybe i got nervous and thought i felt my pulse change I don tknow.

I smoke alot, and havent been really active.. Im 26 years old. last summer I got an ekg done and blood work and they said i was ok to stop worrying. I went to the doctor cause of dizziness back then.

Anyone ever get this .. should i be worried? is this a skipped beat, heart palputation.?

so no one has responded I think thats a bad sign. usually people are reassuring in here.. I guess i do have something wrong with my heart.

See if this helps..

Heart – beating hard or too fast
    The sensation:
    Your heart feels and sounds as though it is pounding unusually hard in your chest. You become aware of the heart's action and you fear there may be a problem with it. Sometimes it may beat unusually fast or feel like it is racing for no apparent reason.
    The reason:
    Stress biology causes the heart rate to increase. It does this so that the body is ready to take action. It’s like in drag racing, drivers get their RPM’s up prior to the green light so that they can hit the light with maximum torque. Since the stimulant hormone adrenaline, the body’s super fuel, is produced when danger is perceived, the heart rate is naturally increased.
    Once the stimulant is used and eliminated from the body, the heart rate will return to its normal range. Moderate regular exercise helps to regulate this symptom.
    As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats
    The sensation:
    Your heart feels like it skips a beat or flops in your chest. It sometimes may feel like a tickle in your chest that makes you cough. If you take your pulse, you'll notice that sometimes the beats are unevenly spaced.
    The reason:
    This common symptom occurs because of the high level of adrenaline in the blood. Because adrenaline is a stimulant, its high level causes the heart to beat irregularly. It’s this irregular rhythm that feels like the heart is flopping. While this symptom is not life threatening, it is important to seek medical attention if the beats become to erratic and remain uneven for a number of hours. For the most part, uneven rhythms are only experienced off and on during the day, and sometimes may only occur a few times in one day. When this symptom becomes more pronounced, irregular heart beats may persist for hours.
    Regular exercise and deep relaxation help to minimize this symptom. Also, staying away from artificial stimulants such as caffeine, chocolate, high doses of raw sugar (such as pastries, candy, cookies, etc.) and smoking help to keep this symptom in check.
    As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Im sorry..I suppose I shoud be responding other than posting questions myself.I dont know if this is any comfort but I experience what you do almost on a daily basis ,and actually when I eat and am axious makes it alot worse almost like afib I worry all the time,but most cardiologist and others here and on anxiety symptoms everywhere will tell that this is normal and happens to everyone.We are more apt to hear it or notice it but its really normal.I find that mine really really happens alot when im extremely anxious and also when i have eaten and have alot of gas and am working or moving around.The smoking irritates it.. I smoke and also caffine unfortunately but well i think I would rather endure the feeling you are talking about than give either one up..Some people quit everything cold turkey which causes even more problems with anxiety..Right now I can hear my pulse all the time because of loss of tissue because loss of weight..my pulse sounds weird and like its galloping but every one says its normal or do test to help me.. I hate going to doctors and well to say the least just went through all of that so not going to do it right now.i just saw two doctors even though they didnt give me test then I am going to hope and pray its nothing..although I can hear it.. Also well to tell you the truth they say you can have a battery of test and you could check out perfect and walk out and die.. so lol..it really doesnt matter..Its all phycological I suppose.. But about your issue..don't worry..I have noticed mine doing this off and on.. mostly on for almost 48 years so well.. Im still here for the time being anyway..and alot of people complain about the very same thing you are and alot of doctors tell them the very same thing I am telling you .its ok.. don't worry.. normal...especially for anxious people..

thanks for your responses.. Sometimes i get them when im at rest. or while im trying to sleep. Its never really an irregular rhythm. It always goes back to normal rhythm. its just a weird feeling, pause extra hard beat, then turns to normal rhythm. they come very infrequently. Usually ill get one only one time, and wont come back for the rest of the day, days, or weeks. Maybe even a month. I got nervous cause the other day i got 3 or 4 in a row. and i never get that usually. I did do some excercise that day for a few hours outside. and i do smoke alot.. so who knows

Re: About the heart

I get these too, at random times but sometimes while im sleeping and have a sad dream. I also get them in the day when I feel stressed or sad. It feels so strange, i cant describe it, but like the previous poster said it happens every once in a while. It also makes me take a deep breath and it almost feels like my chest is sobbing but it feels deeper. so strange.

Thread Information