Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    Thanks, Terry ! How often are you supposed to add two things into your routine? Every day or every week? That's a good idea, as just sitting around does make me feel worse and gives me too much time to dwell on things.
    I think it was quite slow in the one I was given, so 2 a week.

Behavioural Activation used to be part of CBT but it was created as a form of therapy in it's own right after it was shown to work as well with depression.

Here is some information and planning sheets that could be useful:

http://psychology.tools/behavioral-activation.html

This guide probably explains it more, it's in the above:

http://self-help.tools/behavioral-activation.html

It's essentially smart planning and working with your values but in the guide I had it was also used just to add in daily tasks.

This one will be a little closer to the one I had:

http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/beh...activation.asp

Also, something useful was developed based on motivation using a "pairing" method. This works on small things. The only thing to perhaps be wary of with this is the OCD element if you could develop obsessiveness towards those links but hopefully not:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=171053

A lot of you will know that my biggest goal in relations to PA/agoraphobia was to go to Glasgow again and spend a full day shopping like I used to do all the time and well it took me almost 3 years but yesterday I done it! I even got the train up instead of driving so that was another big step. I didn't panic once and had very little anxiety overall and then today I walked up to Tesco myself which is a 20 min walk and got some fruit and medicine since my bf has the flu and I am determined to not catch it or at least not be as ill as he is as I have my first full on session of therapy tomorrow for OCD finally. I've not been on much lately as for the most part I have been feeling quite good and been out a lot and then my stepdad took a stroke and there was Christmas and new year and all that jazz. Hope everyone is well

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Wow GingerFish, sounds like you're coming on in leaps and bounds! Glad to hear that you're proud of yourself sounds like you're in challenging circumstances and doing super well.

Sorry to hear about your step dad.

How did your OCD therapy go?

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Today I am proud because I went to a conference and happily interjected and said useful things. It's showing to myself that I am assertive and I do have useful things to say.

1) Got through a panic attack.
    2) Took my medication (Day 8 with SSRI--battling pharmacophobia!!)
    3) Helped my grandmother to the doctor.

Proud of everyone!! We must celebrate the smallest victories even!

This was for yesterday. I hate cooking or baking. My husband cannot cook.
    so it is up to me. I make such a mess.
    Anyway I made some chicken soup in a massive cooking pot. It tasted nice, and have put it in cartons in the freezer. Good job done.

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    Wow GingerFish, sounds like you're coming on in leaps and bounds! Glad to hear that you're proud of yourself sounds like you're in challenging circumstances and doing super well.

Sorry to hear about your step dad.

How did your OCD therapy go?

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Today I am proud because I went to a conference and happily interjected and said useful things. It's showing to myself that I am assertive and I do have useful things to say.
    Thanks it went well. I got on really well with the psychologist and feel comfortable working with her for the next year or so. I have noticed I have felt so depressed and tbh - shitty, after therapy though. I imagine that's normal in the first few sessions as there's a lot you have to tell the therapist as well as admitting to yourself finally. Got my next session in just over a week

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Gingerfish - that's normal. Therapy can be difficult. Confronting difficult things is going to be upsetting - but trust me, it's worth the pain. Wisdom is gained through pain.

Today I am proud that I was supportive of my housemate who is injured. I did errands for her and I got her an ice cream shake as a surprise. She was delighted. I'm a good housemate

I stayed at a salon yesterday for four and a half hours getting my hair dyed blonde and my nails done. I didn't panic my OCD was minimal during my time there but I did panic and feel highly anxious the minute I got home. Was probably just from all the excitement from the day but I am still proud I done it.

Dr Claire Weekes.

I am proud that I have done a lot of thinking. I used my time well at university to thoroughly consider what I want to do with my life, and I'm on an interesting trajectory that I think is valuable and I enjoy.

Having been suicidal forced me to deeply question the point of anything. I've found answers that work for me. I am proud of how my life is turning out - despite all the awful things I've been through, I am still managing to make a difference to the world, and to experience joy for myself.

beat a 4th dan judo player by ippon (I am 3rd dan) using a nage waza that he has never lost to before

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information