Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

I've taken my dogs to two different beaches on the nicer days last week. We really enjoyed it!

Also, going to my first yoga class this Wednesday. It's a beginner class, but I'm still a bit nervous. I've been doing some basic stretches these last couple weeks to prepare, as I'd prefer not to be super duper stiff during the class.

I have this afternoon off work so I'm heading to the Pool at lunch time. Will aim to fit in 60 Lengths (1.5km), as per yesterday's session. I'm a 31 year old office worker, who has developed a flabby belly. I've made it my aim this year to reduce the fat, lose weight (7-10lbs) and then tone up a bit.

My Speedoes are prepped!

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1540885]Nice one, Matt! It's a pity it didn't go in their mouth!

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 --------

Cheers Terry, In their mouth haha! I'm not a confrontational person but they were sitting within feet of a bin it really gets on my tits

[QUOTE=BikerMatt;1542766]
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Nice one, Matt! It's a pity it didn't go in their mouth!

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 --------

Cheers Terry, In their mouth haha! I'm not a confrontational person but they were sitting within feet of a bin it really gets on my tits
    Tell me about it, Matt. It annoys me that they all throw their McDonald's rubbish everywhere...and worse the police just drive past and do nothing.

I guess we must be turning into...

Happened yesterday - it was my mum and stepdad's wedding and I walked my mum down the aisle with my papa and that was honestly one of the most proudest things I've done I'm also proud of that I've took so many panics on the lead up to the wedding and my OCD has been sky high and I've barely been eating or sleeping and out of everyone in the close family yesterday, I was the only one who didn't have a few drinks to calm their nerves before the wedding. I done it all sober lol. Quite chuffed at that
    Had a few JDs at the meal though :P

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFish View Post
    Happened yesterday - it was my mum and stepdad's wedding and I walked my mum down the aisle with my papa and that was honestly one of the most proudest things I've done I'm also proud of that I've took so many panics on the lead up to the wedding and my OCD has been sky high and I've barely been eating or sleeping and out of everyone in the close family yesterday, I was the only one who didn't have a few drinks to calm their nerves before the wedding. I done it all sober lol. Quite chuffed at that
    Had a few JDs at the meal though :P
    Well doesn't that just prove that YOU are so capable of handing intense stress because you do it so often anyway? And perhaps you are stronger than you realise?

Well done. Congratulations to your folks too.

I've been wanting and needing new glasses and contacts for ages. Finally made the damn appointment and went today. The office was all women...the eye dr, nurses, and office people. Everyone was SO nice, I actually had fun! Got some new, cute glasses and contacts on order, so YAY!

Also, got the green light to start volunteering at the local animal shelter. I'm doing this because I love animals, and because I'm trying to get back into the routine of doing work, so that I can hopefully return to paid work soon. I have my volunteer orientation this Satuday.

I love baking, in fact I was a bread baker and went to school for culinary arts. Well, I haven't felt like messing around in the kitchen for ages, but yesterday I made tiramisu, which I've been wanting to make forever. Everyone loved it!

You are making huge strides here, Genoire and all credit to you for being so proactive in your recovery! Enjoy the animals! My daughter helps at a small farm and looks after the guinea pigs-very therapeutic if you are an animal lover!

"Baking therapy" is practised at the Priory mental health hospitals here in the UK but I think it's something which anyone can do to be creative and lift the spirits if you can motivate yourself

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You are making huge strides here, Genoire and all credit to you for being so proactive in your recovery! Enjoy the animals! My daughter helps at a small farm and looks after the guinea pigs-very therapeutic if you are an animal lover!

"Baking therapy" is practised at the Priory mental health hospitals here in the UK but I think it's something which anyone can do to be creative and lift the spirits if you can motivate yourself
    Thanks, Pulisa ! I've been forcing myself to do more stuff, and it feels good and makes me want to do more and more.

Baking has always been relaxing and satisfying for me....as long as I share what I make and don't eat it all myself!

Finally got off my bum and did some housework

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information