Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

One day at a time. All the best to all on this thread
    Let's all be positive xxx

Dropped off daughter at work, then called into the chemist on the way home. Was fully expecting high anxiety to kick off but for some reason it didn't Strange as the chemist is a tough venue. What a life to lead though, to feel proud over something people do without even thinking about it...

Hope you are still off the ciggies magic that's a tough habbit to kick nearly as hard as googling
    Had a lot of those floating dog walks AQ
    Fishman I know what you mean about it feeling weird to feel good about a small achievement but no matter how small it's still a step forward , when I was younger I broke into a burning house and saved an elderly neighbour from burning , in recent years I've had to leave shop queues for no reason other than extreme panic over nothing and I've cut dog walks short because I think I'm about to drop dead , sometimes it takes more balls to push yourself to do something when you are truly terrified even if it is only staying in a queue .
    Ps when are going to my mums to fix her gate catch ?

Well done raindrop on taking steps to getting better , I never used to know what I was going to say at cbt appointments but once I'd start talking I wouldn't shut up , hope it goes ok , take care

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hope you are still off the ciggies magic that's a tough habbit to kick nearly as hard as googling
    Had a lot of those floating dog walks AQ
    Fishman I know what you mean about it feeling weird to feel good about a small achievement but no matter how small it's still a step forward , when I was younger I broke into a burning house and saved an elderly neighbour from burning , in recent years I've had to leave shop queues for no reason other than extreme panic over nothing and I've cut dog walks short because I think I'm about to drop dead , sometimes it takes more balls to push yourself to do something when you are truly terrified even if it is only staying in a queue .
    Ps when are going to my mums to fix her gate catch ?
    Crikey Buster that was a heroic deed!! The kind that got noticed I hope? But yes you're right, heroism comes in many forms and today I returned to the aforementioned chemist to retrieve more of Mrs F's tablets. Managed again though today felt tougher. I think because the daughter requested her new BF stays over Friday night. Cue the social anxiety to go along with all the others.

I'd be glad to pop round and fix your Mum's gate catch, providing the car can get there without cutting out

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Sorry Raindrops, didn't mean to overlook you Be very proud for all you've achieved, I too keep a diary. In fact many going right back to November 1998. How did your appt go with the mental health team?

Well done to everyone on here-any achievement is huge and really significant when we are struggling with an anxiety disorder.

I've shortly got to take my daughter to London to return a Christmas gift which she had chosen herself a few weeks ago. I knew this would happen-she really has problems receiving gifts or buying and keeping anything for herself. She also cannot make decisions and fears making the wrong decision and wasting money..It's a minefield. I need some good vibes today!

Sending some good vibes Pulisa though they might be a bit late

Thank you, Fishman. I managed to get a full refund despite the item being in the sale.
    I would so like to be able to buy my daughter a Christmas or birthday present without all the anxiety and distress it causes. Autism and anxiety are so hard to live with. One day things will improve-I have to hang on to that hope.

Hi pulisa , sorry it's a bit late but at least you got through the return shopping trip unscathed, I hate returning things even if something is wrong you feel like a time wasting pain in the ar@e .
    I remember buying a present for my freind's autistic son he took one look and just said " no it's the wrong one " and walked off , there wasn't a right one he was just very particular about his toys .
    There is always hope or we wouldn't carry on , hopefully this year will bring more good days than bad .
    Take care I've included this photo I took today while out and about , even when things seem really dark there is always a glimmer of light / hope .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buster70; 05-01-18 at 02:40.

Thank you, Buster. Beautiful rainbow! I know I have many things to be grateful for but life is tough, isn't it? I know how hard life is for you too but at least we can see the funny side of some of our hang-ups! I'm just off to the tip to dump some of my sorrows along with the guinea pig droppings..My gerbil is 3 today-she has already opened her card and has a special cardboard tube to chew up!! I'd probably thrive living in a tank with a set routine!

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread Information