Thread: Do you all ever have a similar feeling...?

Do you all ever have a similar feeling...?

Hi everyone,
    I'm relatively new to experiencing serious anxiety. I'd say it started around the end of summer and developed into full blown panic attacks sometime in September. Since then, I've started counseling and Paroxetine.

Today, while I feel decent, I still feel a little down and pensive. I've been working on looking at this scientifically and cutting down on my ruminating, which I use to do A LOT! However, there are times such as now when I just can't help but to think that something is missing. I don't feel bad, but I feel low about liking my hobbies (TV, reading, lifting weights, and internet). I do go out a good bit because it makes me feel better, but whenever I come home it seems like I should be doing something more exciting...or something. I can't really explain. You just hear so much about people using too much internet or TV.

I don't mean to vent, but I wanted some of your opinions. This is something I just can't seem to get over or address in a way that makes me feel okay.

Welcome Acciaio,you will get lots of support here and very helpfull advise.
    Take care

Ellen XX

hi,
    I have anxiety too. I tend to suffer a good bit from guilt, often about feeling good! I don't know if that's what it is for you, but I know guilt is a fairly usual reaction if you have any depression resulting from your anxiety.
    Also, you say you are ruminating, could it be that this thought of being low about liking things is a bit of the ruminating?
    One last thought, I spoke to my therapist and said that as one anxiety/symptom/ worry leaves or reduces, another one takes it's place, as I had started to be obsessive about things which was new for me. She said this is quite common but I can't remember why I'm afraid.
    Just play it as it feels right, try not to give yourself too much pressure.
    happyone

Depression breeds anxiety and anxiety breeds depression its like a never ending cycle..I think we are the only ones in contol of this.I moved here due to relocation from Katrina..although I had nothing to be depressed about..We all came out of the storm fine..actually we didn't suffer that much damage other than being seperated from our family members...That was bound to happen sooner or later..but it was sooner..We were coping with that .. we had repaired most of our properties and sold them and found nice places to go.We moved here in this remote place where as a child I had fantasied about living a life like we are.We took early retirement and had a beautfiul new home..and in a place that most have ever seen on a post card..No worries..and no cares..and then it struck..Is there are that there is?I was stuck..i couldn't figure out what was missing but knew that there was something..The kids were all alright and we were fine and we had everything we wanted ..so what was missing? Some say that is the natural call of needing belief..I say its just in our nature of question..Is that all there is?I started getting depressed and as depression goes I couldn't fight it.. I started questioning everything and started staying up late at nights and worrying that there was something that was about to happen bad or it couldn't last..It couldn't be that easy .. to be in a carefree life.. Over a period of months I went deeper and deeper in depression realizing that I wasn't happy and for the life of me couldn't figure out why ..then the start of anxiety was hearing a pulse in my ears.. night and day .. What had happened was I had been sleeping odd hours and we didn't go anywhere anymore like we used to thus stopping eating out.. and just eating barely what we needed i lost 35 pounds..which ironically i needed to loose for health but in the process caused me to loose the padding around my ear drums and making me hear an artery close to my ear drum constantly .I started obsesssing about that which caused anxiety which still does..the more I worry about it the worse it becomes and the worse it becomes the more depressed i get.. So it all started with worrying that is this all there is..?What is missing.. Its a feeling that is built into all humans.. I don't know why it happens but it does..It was my downfall..if I just would have kept busy and let that worry alone I would be so much better.. Anyway wanted to tell you yes..I have had that feeling before..and it was a cause for a vicious circle of anxiety and depression.. If you can let it go and things will fall into place...But just to let you know.. beware of where it can go..

Thread Information