This has been going on for 6 months and had very similar problems a few years ago. Today I have diarrhea and mucus, tomorrow I may have constipation and mucus. I also have thick saliva in my throat that is making me nauseous and sometimes I am sick after eating, ususally I through up a lot of saliva/mucus. This has also happened in the past and I believe I posted about it here.

I had some blood on my stool last week but I think that was from excessive straining and or hemeroids as it only lasted a few days although it was heavy and covered a stool, bright red and fresh. Today my stool also had what looked like puss in it, white stuff that I have never seen before.

3 or 4 years ago I got a barium xray but it didn't show anything, 2 weeks ago I got a abdominal and pelvis ultrasound but haven't got the results back as I also have a pain just below my sternum, in the middle, it's very tender to touch, proton pump prohibitors do nothing. Doctor said I wouldn't hear from him if the didn't find anything until my next appointment in February.

I know everyone will say IBS but I don't have any pain where my colon is, only upper abdominal tenderness that is constant. I also tested positive for H Pylori and the meds I took (2 antibacterial and a PPI) did absolutely nothing, finished the course about 3 weeks ago.

I also have a very sharp pain in my upper abdominal after eating, its more so if I relax my stomach, it is very sharp and scary, I have to hold my stomach in as I can't bear the pain.

When I see my doctor next he said he will order me a colonoscopy but I feel its my stomach that is causing me problems, do you think I should demand a stomach coloscopy instead? It's driving me crazy and it is consuming my life.

I am a very stressful person and am always worried about something, I snap easy and get aggitated for no reason. I am 42.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

hmmm it's been that long http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...493#post522493 I guess that pain below my sternum isn't that major as surely after almost 5 years the pain would of gotten worse and or caused other symptoms? But that doesn't answer the question of what is causing it.