Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT'S NOT ALWAYS ANXIETY!

IT'S NOT ALWAYS ANXIETY!

Hi everybody,

I have been suffering for at least the last 3 to 4 months of a racing heart and I guess what would be called palipatations and thought it was anxiety and did nothing about it. I woke up with them and went to bed with them. It was just awful! I had a doctor's appointment with my hematologist for another issue and they recorded that my blood pressure was 68/58 (which is even low for me) but that my pulse rate was 108. The disparity worried them. I also have hypothyroidism and was immediately sent to my endocrinologist for blood work. I had gone from hypo to hyper which was what was causing my racing heart problem. My point to all this is, sometimes we should not always assume things are caused by anxiety, especially if we have other medical issues. I realize this should be common sense but anxiety can cause so many symptoms that overlap each other it is difficult to do.

My meds have been changed for my thyroid and I am finally starting to feel somewhat better. I do realize it could have been anxiety, but in my case it wasn't. I posted this for those of you to never igore what your body is telling you especially if you have other medical issues. I think it is wise to get things checked out. Hope you are all well.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

My Laura,

I'm so so glad you got sorted out. You have been such a rock to me since I joined nmp and I'd be lost without you cos your a very special caring person. I hope now your meds have changed you will start to feel lots better and I'm here for you always.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Laura, I posted that concern over in phobia's last week! I'd read about these symptoms and think "My... how do we KNOW it's just the anxiety?" I'm so golad you got it diagnoses and taken care of!!

-(another) Laura

I used to think my heart palpitations etc where down to Anxiety until I fainted once with a heart rate hitting almost 200bpm, Turned out I have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, for those who don't know what that is, its an extra pathway in the heart,and when bloody starts passing through it your heart beat speeds up, almost like you run a marathon even though you are just sitting on a seat

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

Thank you sweet Mandy, I am always here for you too.

Hi Laura, I'm sorry I didn't see you post but then went and found it and read it. Thank you for you kind words.

DJ, I am so glad you got diagnosed, sounds so scary, it must have felt awful. I'm happy you are better.

Thanks to all who replied.

Bel

hi laura,

glad to hear you are feeling better, i have missed you on here.

hurry up and get better soon and we can have a natter like we used to

take care scarlett lol

ruth x x x

hi Bell/

Sorry you have been feeling poorly.so very glad you sought treatment. take care of yourself. speak to you soon

hugs to you

Lynnann

Remember tomorrow is a bright new day

Laura,

You know how I feel about you. I am so glad things are looking up. Great advice to give others, cause sometimes you just never know.

I miss our talks woman. I just don't have the time I used to, and you neither. I will shoot you an email soon babesxxxx

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

Hi Ruth, Yes, it has been a long time since we have spoken, I too have missed you. Thanks for posting.

Hi Lynnanne, Thank you. I hope you are doing well. I am feeling much better and getting better by the day.

Hi Tina my dear, I miss our talks more than you will ever know, but I so understand. I hope all is well at your daycare center lol.

Love to all,

Laura

My father went thru a period of Anxiety and Panic which was eventually traced back to his thyroid and he waqs cured.
    Usually thyroid function is one of the first tests doctors do for Anx/Panic.
    Unfortunately my thyroid is normal but good luck to you being able to control it.
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information