Thread: Eye worries

Eye worries

Hi guys, new here after I found the board on a google search. I've been reading a lot of the posts and there are so many similarities it's rediculous

Anyway, my latest self created health scare is to do with my eyes. I made the mistake of looking at an amsler grid an now I'm scaring myself witless. I'm only 30, and I'm sat in front of my PC worrying about Macular Degeneration... it's wrong and I can't stop myself. I get afterimages (like when someone takes your photo) from lots of things because I use the computer so much (software engineer) and I know that this in combination with some floaters are causing the disortion on the grid... yet here I am, sweaty, hot and sick to my stomach. I was only at the opticians about 2 months ago, and nothing was noticed then. And yet here I am.

It's driving me nuts and I want it to stop.

Hi there and good to meet you, am sorry you are feeling so rough at the moment, I have no real solid advice other than, if you did have any serious eye probs. it was have been picked up when you last visited your optician. They very rarely make mistakes! It is health anxiety and is not easy to overcome, but you can and will do it. Have a look around this site, there is lots of information and you will meet lots of good people with tons of advice. speak soon xx

hi try not to get yourself worked up!!!!!i,m sure your eyes are fine if there was anything the optician would have picked it up.i know its easy to worry about things!!!
    you,ll be fine.
    take care
    rach x

I wish I could say this was the first time I felt like this, but a while back I was convinced I had diabetes. I don't, all the blood tests I've had have said that I don't have it. But I still thought I did. I can quite easily go a year between these things, then BANG, it all starts getting on top of me. I feel tired all the time. At night when I'm sat in front of the TV or reading and my eyes feel like they're about to close I go up to bed, but as soon as my head it's the pillow my brains starts up again.

I have had a wierd eye problem today. I was on the computer (I am a stay-at-home Mum but use the pc a lot) and I suddenly had a sort of white spot in my right eye like someone had just flshed a camera flash in my eye. It stayed around for about half an hour and was sort of like a blind spot. Just before it went, my vision went a bit wobbly in that place and then it just went away. I have since had a headache.

Whilst it freaked me out at the time, I put it down to tiredness, my cold (have got a chesty cough and bad sinus pain around both eyes), working on the computer and dry eyes (which I have had a lot recently).

I am trying not to worry about it but I am concerned that it might come back and that it might be a sign of something more serious.

Jo xx

Hi Jo
    I suffer from the same thing on occaision.It's called a Type A Typical migraine.
    Although it doesn't develop into a severe headache.
    My doc suggested taking 2 paracetamol when you first notice the spot (called the Aura) in front of your eyes and it goes away in about half an hour but I've found that it goes away on its own in about the same time.
    It does leave me feeling drained and tired too.
    Hope this helps
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Thread Information