Thread: Scared and confused!

Scared and confused!

This is my first time here! I am up late and I can't sleep b/c I am freaking out! I have what I now just realized is health anxiety. (so i think) During the last year or two I have convinced myself that I have had HIV and Cancer. Which of course I don't. I now have had a headached for two weeks now and I "know" that I have a brain tumor. Most likely somthing that can't be cured and I will most likely die. I am now scared out of my mind and think I am crazy. I was laying in bed crying and was afriad to sleep, curled up in a ball, trying to take deep breaths. What happens if I don't wake up. GREAT that made it even harder to try. I understand that it is all in my head and try so hard to relax myself and talk myself out of these crazy thoughts! What is wrong with me? I want to go to the doctors, but I am aftaid that she will think that I am "crazy." Or say your fine and thats that. What do people do when this happens? I am scared and feel so alone. My husband is trying to be supportive telling me your fine...but I convince myself otherwise!!!!!!![V]

Christina :-)

Hi Christina,

A big warm welcome to you. I too have health anxiety as do many others here and know how you feel. We are all here for each other so we never feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi, there are lots of us who understand what you are going through!

If I were you, I'd speak to your doctor. There are loads of people with anxiety and it is as much an illness as anything else, and there are treatments and therapies that can help.

Perhaps you could make a list of all the things that are worrying you, and go along and chat about them with your GP. You will feel loads better afterwards. She wont think you are crazy, just anxious and probably stressed.

Caroline
    xx

Thread Information