Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: terrified of dying

terrified of dying

Hi everyone
    I know im only 17 and I shouldnt be worried about this but I just cant help. My health anxiety is always through the roof im always looking for things wrong with me and my anxious thoughts arent helping. I keep worrying about dying and fearing that im going to drop dead any moment. I just have so many worries what if my brain forgets how to work and i stop breathing? what if i just drop dead? all these anxious thoughts whirl around my head and as I already feel slight detacthed and very anxious this isnt adding to fear of dying. I also get really terrified of seeing omens and stuff and I just feel so scared im constantly scared of dying and facing some horrror after death or whatever. I just cant seem to be calm and get a clear head to look at this. not helping my anxiety is making my chest tight and making me worry even more about breathing. Im gunna be on my own tonight which is making me even more anxious and I just feel so scared. please help

Re: terrified of dying

Hi Bexx Have you had any counselling to help with this fear?

I have been on counseling waiting list for ages and its only recently this has taken over

I've had similar fears recently. I've begun reading about mindfulness and it's really helping me.

Hope you manage to conquer your fears. It is possible.

T

You are young and healthy apart from anxiety. You really should be living and enjoying your life. You must try to change the negative thoughts into positive ones. "What if I die?" changes to "What if I don't?" Try not to dwell on the negative thoughts and do something to take your mind of them.
    Do you go to college? If you do then most colleges have counselling services for students.

Yes Annie I am on college counselling waiting list also :/ have been for months! I usually try to change negatives into positives and I am trying now

Ask at student support how much longer you have to wait, while waiting you could try the online course http://ct-online-info.com/wp-login.p...om%2F&reauth=1

last time I asked they said christmas and then it chained to january but im still waiting :/ i will take a look at that course thank you x

I've had many episodes like this. Focused on this thing or that. For one I can tell you that there is no way you can stop breathing. You know how strong and reliable your nervous system is when it comes to automatic functions like breathing? It's perfect. No flaws. I used to have fears about this disease or that, in the end it's just fear of fear. You need to distract as much as you can, not look into symptoms or Google diseases and pull your mind away from those things. In a sense I have also come to peace with the idea that I am already dead, just waiting for the day to come along and it happens, so why struggle so much and worry about it. You need to calm your nerves down. Walk outside, talk some pictures, play with an animal, watch a funny movie, talk to a friend about some fun things, anything but health anxiety stuff. Once you came down, it will go away. Wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexx1 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I know im only 17 and I shouldnt be worried about this but I just cant help. My health anxiety is always through the roof im always looking for things wrong with me and my anxious thoughts arent helping. I keep worrying about dying and fearing that im going to drop dead any moment. I just have so many worries what if my brain forgets how to work and i stop breathing? what if i just drop dead? all these anxious thoughts whirl around my head and as I already feel slight detacthed and very anxious this isnt adding to fear of dying. I also get really terrified of seeing omens and stuff and I just feel so scared im constantly scared of dying and facing some horrror after death or whatever. I just cant seem to be calm and get a clear head to look at this. not helping my anxiety is making my chest tight and making me worry even more about breathing. Im gunna be on my own tonight which is making me even more anxious and I just feel so scared. please help

I am a Palliative Care Nurse. I see death every day, i have lost count of the people i have seen die in the last 8 years. I just know it is the moments before that counts like Annie says. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. I once drove down a beach in Australia drinking Fosters with Bob Marley playing full blast. Thats how life can be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information