Thread: A Bit Of Nostalgia To Pick You Up

A Bit Of Nostalgia To Pick You Up

Came across this on You Tubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmMrYDC724 picked me up quite a bit and the words definately are meaning full

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

HI there.

Thanks for the link. It certainly takes me back. My daughter has been listening to a dance remix of this recently and I was telling her about the original. (Makes me feel old!)

Enjoying the present and experiencing it properly is a good thing to do. I remember being told by a friend that actively listing (in your head) all the things you see and smell and hear help to bring you back to the present if you are stuck inside thoughts in your head. Like, smelling the flowers, hearing birds, cars, people, seeing plants etc. As you concentrate on finding more things it certainly works to bring you out.[^]

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

One of the few eighties songs I actually like, and so appropriate for here. Perhaps we should look to get it as the NMP theme song!!

Insomniac......you have no idea how you saying it made you feel old, made me feel really old!!

ohh...and Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

I seem to remember that was a 90s song not an 80s song. Sounds typical early 90s to me. Youtube keeps stopping and starting. Drives me bonkers. Thanks for shairng it though.

NEVER HEARD OF HIM HE FROM THE UK?? VERY NICE SONG I CAN RELATE TO ALL OF IT AND MANY WAYS........THANKS FOR SHARING..........LINDA[8D]

Thread Information