Thread: Do panic attacks change in nature each time?

Do panic attacks change in nature each time?

I have been having different symptoms during my panic attacks lately then when I first started getting them. In the beginning it was the feeling of my pulse rising and then I could feel a knot forming in my abdomen, a sense of fear coming over me and my heart would race. At it's worse it would feel like a vice around my head and sinuses and my legs would shake, super sweaty hands and feet.

So naturally I thought that's how 'I' would always experience them. The other night however, I woke up in the early morning, went to the washroom, and as soon as I got back in bed I felt short of breath, then my heart started pounding and my feet were sweating immediately, like crazy. The feeling like I just couldn't get enough air was the most prominent throughout the whole thing.

Finally, just this afternoon I was just sitting at my desk working and I felt a terrible burning/squeezing pain in the centre of my chest, it felt so hot i immediately grabbed some water and drank two huge swigs, then I felt the urge to go the the bathroom and felt really scared. I felt my heart racing and then I could feel my feet start to tingle, and my hands got sweaty. This one was definitely the most painful sensation I have felt in my chest.

Does anyone else experience these panic attacks that change in how they present? This one just hit me out of the blue, in the middle of working with no warning or buildup too, this really sucks!

Re: Do panic attacks change in nature each time?

Hi there, sorry your going through this I to have panic that changes and the worst is the sudden hot burning in my chest, I get a feeling of doom my mood really goes deep i feel so scared and tried its horrid they always come out of the blue , just wish there was a cure

Thread Information