Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fear of space? outer space

fear of space? outer space

I have a huge fear of outer space it is the main thing I panic about. Does anyone else have this?

I believe it scares me the most as I have no control over it

Re: fear of space? outer space

I'm pretty sure you have no control about the political situation in Syria, or the weather, but I bet neither of those things are worrying you.

I hope that helps you put it in perspective.

There are actually very few things we can control in our lives and there's no point in worrying about all the rest.

yes thank you, it does put in into perspective and it is true that we shouldn't worry and we can only control a few things but it worries me so much and it is my main panic trigger. The earth is also a trigger for me, my worst nightmare is probably listening to Brian Cox talk about space and the earth haha.

Thank you for putting it into perspective for me, you're right that them things don't worry me and I shouldn't worry

I'm the same, it's something I just coast along with now.
    Consider that perhaps it's not the thing "space" or "existance" etc that actually scares you, it's the thought of how you might react if coming face to face with the subject. Perhaps you are less scared of the subject and more scared that you will lose your mind thinking about it. Once assured that you will not go mental, or blow up, or black out from the sheer bigness of it all and things just carry on as always, it becomes more transient that the problem is just fear, and you can let fear be as it is till it fades away and becomes less than a memory.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Furthermore, try not to avoid triggering things of this subject as the more you avoid the more powerful it becomes. Invite it in a little, have Brian Cox on very quietly in the background so you get used to it. Take small steps to minimalise avoidance.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Yes, I've never thought about it like that before, I do avoid everything that relates to it, I cannot even watch the start of films because of the universal logo, however if I do let it in which I do sometimes, it seems to come back maybe later in the day or the next day or later in the week and make me panic and start a panic chain of thoughts which lead to a panic attack.

I will take your advise and do small steps at a time, thank you

This is my biggest fear, It helps me to think that the human brain can't comprehend it so my fears aren't worth the time worrying abouy

Yeah, not being able to understand it and the brain not being able to comprehend it freaks me out haha

I meant that for me knowing that the brain can't understand it helps me stop TRYING to understand it

Ohh my goodness! I love space & universe stuff. Yes the size is Mind bending & also where does it end , does it have an end???

But as an anxiety suffer, anything that makes u feel uneasy , can be debilitating. I can certinly relate to that!

Why dont u try studying it or looking at the physics behind it.

Because the physical behind it make no sense and when you suffer from depersonalization and ocd you can get hung up on questioning reality itself, but your right if you are brave enough to expose yourself to it maybe you will become adapted in a sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information