I was just wondering if anyone is concerned about passing their anxiety on to their kids, either genetically or behaviorally, as in either through heredity or by modeling the behavior.

I have a daughter who is 6 and a son who just turned one, and I do keep an eye on my daughter for any signs she might have issues developing. I also talk openly about feelings with her, and she is extremely good at expressing how she feels, which makes me very happy because that is such a useful skill to have. She tells me she "has frustration" so I'll know when she's not feeling calm, and that is very helpful.

One thing that gives me great hope that she will not be like me is that although she is a bit shy when meeting new people, she has absolutely no stage fright. She has already been in musical theatre productions and loves to sing for her class. By her age I was already deathly afraid of being on a stage or even talking in front of a class, so she's off to a good start.

If either one of my kids develops any issues, I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle it, but at least I feel like I'm qualified to notice the symptoms early and hopefully be helpful to them...