Thread: Citalopram withdrawal 3 months later advice/help

Citalopram withdrawal 3 months later advice/help

I've been suffering anxiety/panic attacks for 4 years and was given Citalopram to help started at 10mg went up to 20mg then up to 40mg after a year and a half to feeling horrible again.

The past year has been really bad and was prescribed another medication 7 months ago to take with citalopram. I was looking at the meds and thinking right so I'm going to be taking 120mg to help, citalopram hasn't helped in the long run so lets get off the meds and power through.

Started to come off (August 2013) and felt crap wasn't in a good place but wanted off meds, once I stopped (November 2013)I felt a lot better found myself running every day, going to the gym every other day, seeing friends.

Then mid way through December just after seeing free therapist at doctors felt awful couldn't stop crying, stomach felt horrible, dizziness etc.

Now in February and still feel rubbish can't seem to clam my thoughts down at times, crying a lot. Really bad IBS lost about a stone in weight.

Now do I go back on meds or keep trying to push through as these are just withdrawal making me feel this way or do I really need the meds to help?

Just don't want to be on them for the rest of my life, when I did feel good I had cold all the bloody time. Like most drugs they only last for so long as your body gets used to them.

Re: Citalopram withdrawal 3 months later advice/help

Hi you might want to talk to your doctor about a structured withdraw from citalopram or perhaps changing to something else. if you just back on them I would think that you might suffer as your body adjusts again

Thread Information