Thread: Rash!

Rash!

So far, two people in my school have had Mononucleosis. Last night I noticed a rash below my neck and it seemed to spread. The rash isn't entirely red, but I lost sleep last night because of it. Does this sound like a rash you would get from Mono or Strep Throat? Thanks for reading this.

Misery: you insist that the weight of the world should be on your shoulders. Misery: 'guess there's more to life than what you see, My Friend of Misery.

do you have fever and swollen lymph nodes? if not , it's hard to believe it would be either. since you don't describe your rash, and i'm not a doctor, i have no idea what it could be. i bet it's nothing. stop kissing so much and get some rest!

Yeah I kind of have a sore throat, not a scratchy/burning throat, but dull pain. The rash is a little red but not patchy. Little red bumps under my neck, back and arms. I have been getting chills though which is why I'm concerned again.

Misery: you insist that the weight of the world should be on your shoulders. Misery: 'guess there's more to life than what you see, My Friend of Misery.

your description of your rash is vague and even if you described it down to every detail nobody here (even if they were a dermatologist) would be able to diagnose you. i'm sure it's not serious, but see a gp if it is worrying or bothering you. mono and strep are both easily treatable, but it doesn't really seem like you have either. rashes and sore throats are common, can be caused by anything, so see a doctor if you want an explanation, but it's not worth losing sleep over.
    best wishes,
    lewis

Yeah now I have a lump on my left side (you don't have to reply anymore on here lol). There's nothing doctors can do for Mono anyway so I'm trying to just wait this out.

Thread Information