hi, i have been having my cbt for health anxiety a few weeks now, and it has been good, and lots of it makes sense, but i am really struggling with my 'homework' now. The last couple of weeks, my tasks have been to not check my body for symptoms at all, and although it sounds ok when he suggests this to me during my session, i am just finding it so hard to do.

I have days when i feel positive and i feel able not to check, but when i am feeling a bit low (as i am at the moment) i am just finding it impossible - i feel like it is an overwhelming need and i keep telling myself that i won't do it again, but i feel like i am getting caught off guard.

I went back to him last week and told him that i was struggling and we have thought of things to distract me, but i've been really bad this week at checking and now ive got to go back to him tomorrow and i havent made any progress at all [:I]:(. In fact, i feel like lying and saying that ive not checked just so he feels like we're making progress.

Ugh, this is so frustrating, can anyone help? (or just sympathise, i just wanted to have a moan, that's all [^])

mag