Thread: work nightmare

work nightmare

Hello

I hope someone could give me some advice. For about 3 yrs i've been working short temporary office jobs with big gaps inbetween work,as i find it terrifying applying for jobs so i keep putting it off. I'm scared of really stupid things such as answering the phone as i'm always thinking the other people are listening and thinking how usless i am which i know is crazy so it limits the jobs i can apply for. I find it so hard to make any friends and find i have nothing in common. All of my friends are all career people and i'm not interested in that but i feel really stupid around them.

Sorry for the moan!

Jane.

What is wrong with what you are doing? Temping is a great way to earn money, not get embroiled in office politics, learn new skills and meet people.

You must be good people if you can temp cos' you are meeting new faces all the time.

If you really want to get a full-time job then maybe therapy of some sort could help you get over the fear factor?

And I bet alot of your career minded mates hate their jobs.

And you aren't stupid cos' temping ain't for dummies. Need alot of skills to be able to walk in and get on with it without training for months.

Hi Jane,you will get lots of support here.You sound pretty brave to me having a job.I cant get a day job because of my anxiety ect.Dont put yourself down pet.Things will get better.

Ellen XX

Thanks so much Ellen

samc100 thanks for your advice i didn't mean to imply temping was a bad thing it's just i don't seem to able to stay in a long term job without getting really scared.

Jane

Sorry - didn't mean to sound harsh Jane . I type before I think! I just don't want you to think you don't rate as highly as your mates cos' you are temping. I think you are doing great for getting out and working cos' it's really hard at times it keep it going.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thread Information