Thread: Who else has this?

Who else has this?

Hi I'm making this thread because I'd like to see how many people sufferer from such a high state of anxiety that every waking minute of the day is consumed by fear and fearful/incredibly random and weird thoughts, any replies would be most appreciated and any advice on how to distract myself from this conveyor belt of fear would be a massive help and relief ty

Re: Who else has this?

I don't now but just over a year ago I was just like that. Don't dwell on positives and praise yourself gor every little positive. Set yourself small daily goals such as I will go for a walk today. Even if you only make it to the end of the street it is a positive.

Crocheting! Walking to the first light post , then progress to the next when more confidant.

Learn music,tapping exercises, manuka honey, eat & sleep as much as.

Been there! It's awful soul destroying but keep fighting you'll get there. I can't say I'll ever be the person I was a few years ago because I've suffererd now for 3 yrs but, it does get better.

When I'm at the worst part and hit rock bottom, twice in the last 7 years, this is how I get. Endless, all day, etc.

It takes time and as said above, small things do bring you out of it.

It might be helpful to try relaxation techniques and Mindfulness meditation to calm you down. The more you can do this, the more you adjust to being less on alert.

It can help to get out, even for short walks and then you can build it up. I also, the second time around, spent more time around people early on e.g. shops, and tried to speak if there was an opportunity and I think this helped me as the first time it was just walking on my own and I found it harder to be around people later on.

All the best, I remember it well, it's the worst stage for me.

Terry

I very much go through this sometimes. You are not alone.

Thank you all for the replies, they helped a lot.

Thread Information