Thread: Breast lumps on the side of each breast... HELP PLEASE!!

Breast lumps on the side of each breast... HELP PLEASE!!

Please can someone give me any advise. I have discovered a small hardish lump on the side of each breast, just off the breast tissue closer to my ribs.
    I felt the one on my right side first as it was a bit sore, initially I couldn't really feel anything there, but have spent literally 2 days prodding and poking either side of each breast and now have 2 obvious lumps, I think they might be little lymph nodes, does anyone know if you can cause lymph nodes to swell up if you prod them?

I went to my doctor on Monday he only really felt the right side and said it could be just a fatty lump and it was of typical place where you would find a breast cancer lump, he wants me to return in a months time and to not prod or poke till then, do you think he had any concerns at all he'd make me wait?

I'm going to drive myself mad till then I know it.

Please can anyone advise, has anyone else had this?

Re: Breast lumps on the side of each breast... HELP PLEASE!!

anyone????

Oh crikey helpful dr! It could be a cyst or fibrodema not cancer. My fried had breast cancer and it was her armpit side?!

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Plus if u prod and poke it will swell. If he was concerned surely he would have referred you to the breast clinic

I had the same thing and my doctor said to wait for a month to see if it went away and not touch it. It went away. These things are rarely something to worry about and you should trust that your doctor will take it very seriously if they are at all concerned.

If you have them in the same place on each breast the chances are surely minimal that it's anything other than something that's meant to be there. You surely wouldn't develop cancerous lumps in the same place on each side just by chance! I'd say they could definitely be lymph nodes, and yes, prodding at them will make them stay swollen! Having just prodded around myself where you said you felt lumps - there's no chance you're just feeling bone or tendon/cartilage around your ribs, is there? It's not a particularly 'smooth' area of your body - at least, it isn't on me!

Thread Information