Hi

First post, think I've put myself in the right section.

I think I need help. I cannot stop thinking about my partner dying or something awful happening to him. I only worry about him when he is out of my sight.

So for example he is going out with his friends tonight and this obsessive worry has taken over my life for the past week. I am terrified he is going to die. Worrying that he may drink too many energy drinks and have a heart attack, that he might be twisted drunk and fall asleep and choke on vomit. Or my latest one is that he will just disappear and we will find his body weeks later. These are the mad thoughts that I cannot stop running through my head. I am sick to my stomach with them.

I have more or less gone through his whole funeral in my head. We have 3 young children and I dread how upset they will be. How will I cope. I love him so much.

We are together 18 years and I just don't know what I would do without him.

He is very rarely out without me these days (money/young kids etc) but when he is my mind goes into overdrive.

If I text him later and he doesn't reply within 10 minutes I am almost vomiting with the stress and worry. I won't sleep a wink tonight. I am to collect him later on, probably about 3am and I know I will be awake worried sick until I get a call or text from him to come in and get him.

I have always worried slightly over this but it seems in the past 6 years it has just gotten worse.

I can't keep thinking like this every time he leaves the house. If he is somewhere and coming home if he is even 10 minutes late, I'm convinced he's been in a car accident. It's crazy, I know it's crazy but I can't stop.

Has anyone experienced this and cured themselves? I just can't picture myself going to my doctor about this I'd be so embarrassed.