Thread: constant abdominal pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

constant abdominal pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi folks,suffered anxiety in varying degrees for about 7 years
    this past year has been by far the worse with it spilling from the occasional to all the time
    the thing that is troubling me most is my constant abdominal pain
    im getting a lot of pain in my liver area and stomach area,i feel like im bloated and suffering wind almost ALL THE TIME,even water is giving me heartburn etc and this has been going on since july
    i have seen 5 different doctors and they say its anxiety and depression
    anyone have anything like this
    cheers

Hi,I have suffered with my tummy since I was 18,Im 40 now.Had loads of tests all were clear.Mine is down to anxiety which has taken me years to realise.You will find alot of people have similar problems to you here.

Ellen XX

hmmm sounds like maybe just nervous stomach.another thing that could cause it might be too much tylenol or pain killer... I have this issue alot especially when eating to much spicy food or taking to much tylenol.. but also when i am staying upset and worried alot this tends to happen to me..Did the do blood test on you ? Everytime i have had this issue it corresponds with the use of tylenol and then disappears.. and it shows up in the blood..also if there was anything organic that was wrong it would show up and if you have had blood test then chalk it up to anxiety .. good luck to you ..take care..

hi,its the pain in my liver area im most concerened with
    behind the ribs at the bottom right hand side

hello dnf...........
    i went through the same thing last january for like 3 months i was under alot of stress just got home from hospital after being sick with pnemonia and a couple weeks went by then this pain in the stomache issue came up constently kept calling my doc did all kinds of test all negative...so she told me which killed me at the time that i was doing it to myself and put me on promethazine(stomache meds) which helped alot but it was alllllllllllllll stress im like how the hell can stress do this shes not hearing me but she was right what stress can do and as most of us know anxiety and stress all starts in stomache causes alot of different things but as long as ya seen ya doc and they ruled it all out as something else i would say stress.anxiety...nerves......that was my case and it was very painful and i would get nauseas also hope this helped......best to ya Linda[8D]

DNF

Sound similar to what I am going through.

I have a central stomach pain that moves to the right just under the rib area.
    I also have pains in my back and sides, mainly the right side.

My mum pressed my side last night and I ended up in tears on the floor.

I have had a gastroscopy and they said all was clear but because of my irregular bowel habits, not going for a few days, they are going to look at my colon.

I have lost count of how many times I have been to docs and A+E but they seem to think it is muscular skeletal of a virus.

I have been suffering with stress, anxiety and depression for the last 4 months and because all these feelings are new it is hard to tell which are "illness" and which are mental.

If it is all caused by my mind I will never underestimate the way we think again.
    For now though I have to see doc again Monday!!!

DNF, stay in touch we can compare notes.

i had this and my doctor told me it was either a trapped nerve running between the ribs (intercostal neuralgia) or caused by stress - when you get stressed/anxious, you subconsciously tighten the muscles around tyuor ribs and eventually they get strained and the point where the muscles join the rib bones will be particularly tender. I have noticed the pain is worse when I am anxious. hope this helsp - I also have it extremely painfully and fretted about liver etc - blood tests showed my liver was perfectly ok.

I've had the same thing since August and have been checked by Doc. She thinks stress.

Thread Information