Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Sertraline - First ever AD

My experience with Sertraline - First ever AD

Hey guys, this is my first time ever trying an AD, 21 year old guy who's suffered from depression, anxiety (more specifically erythrophobia) for the past 6-7 years, and I thought I'd track my progress on here .
    Went to doctor's on Thursday, explained that stress from work and splitting up from my girlfriend was making it unbearable and he prescribed me Sertraline, 50mg (1 a day, 28 day course).
    Day one of taking it I didn't really feel anything. Day two terrible stomach cramps/nausea, loss of appetite. On day 3 now, taken 5 hours ago, currently in bed, dizziness is too much when I stand up and think it's better for me here for now anyway. Anybody else experienced this? I'm going to complete the course and see how I feel, hopefully should be feeling somewhere back to normal within the next 2-3 months (I'm being very realistic about this). But will definitely give it a good go. Will try my best to post daily updates.

Re: My experience with Sertraline - First ever AD

Hi con
    sounds like the usual set of symptoms from what I can remember, but they should wear off eventually. Been on sertraline for over 10 years off and on and other than them not mixing very well with nsaids (nurofen etc.) no probs
    Hope you start feeling better soon.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Ps. If you dont feel better in about a week to 10 days, maybe pop back to the doc, or even your local chemist (spk to the pharmacist) or call nhs direct. Not everyone gets on with sertraline, so you may need to switch. I was on fluoxitine to start off with and got switched to sert.

Cheers for the reply! Day 4 and I actually feel great! None of the nausea, no lethargy, just a kind of weird pulsing feeling in my head but that's probably nothing to worry about. In an all around better mood Definitely not completely "back to normal" but it's a definite improvement!

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Now feeling absolutely rubbish. Very very low mood, very snappy. Not sure about this.

It happens, but the good days will eventually outnumber the bad.

Day 5 and it doesn't even feel like I've taken anything. No more side effects but can't feel any positive benefit from the Sertraline. Just feel the same as before I started taking it, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by con0692 View Post
    Day 5 and it doesn't even feel like I've taken anything. No more side effects but can't feel any positive benefit from the Sertraline. Just feel the same as before I started taking it, is this normal?
    Hi hun sert take quite awhile to kick in, hang in there give it time, I started on 50mg then went to100mg ,I can say they have made a big difference to me xx

Hey again everyone. Now on say 15 of Sertraline. Don't really feel like the 50mg is doing anything at all for me, don't even feel ready to go back to work. Dunno what to do now.

Hi Iv been on 50mg for just over a month now, and at first I didnt notice any improvements, but at this time I feel so much better. I didn't even realise at first but my agaraphobia is almost completely gone, Iv written a thread about my experience if you want to read. Hope you see improvements soon xx

Thanks for the advice glad you're getting relief, it must feel so good! I'll have a look now, will keep trying the Sertraline x

Hello again everyone! Lots to catch up on, I went cold turkey after I ran out of my first course of Sert but just started on them again today and I swear after coming back from the doctors, taking my tablet and having a nap for a few hours I woke up feeling absolutely fantastic. Maybe they were helping me more than I realised! Also been prescribed some Promethazine (10 day course) to hopefully get my sleeping pattern back to some kind of normality Definitely feeling better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information