Thread: blood results

blood results

I'm so scared today I have to go an see my GP for my blood test results! I dread what they're gonna tell me, my anxiety is so bad right now, I'm shaking and I have pains all around my chest, back, sides an stomach :( I've so much I need to say to the Gp aswell dunno how I'm gonna get my words out, does anyone think that the doc would have seen me earlier if they'd been anything wrong I had my bloods a week ago! Xx

Re: blood results

I am sure everything will be fine and if it was anything serious they would have contacted you. Why dont you write a list out for the doc so that if you struggle you can hand it over and let the doc have a read. good luck.

Aww thankyou Humly its a great idea an I will try it out although I have visions of passing it to the doc an then not letting it go an taking it back haha! If I dnt laugh I'll cry xxx

Hi Paula, the list is a good idea. My own GP suggested this to me when I was struggling to get everything out to her one day. She said that lots of patients do it and it can be really helpful to both doctor and patient

So go ahead, give it a try, I'm sure they'll be receptive to it.

To help calm yourself before your visit do this very gentle but effective breathing exercise. Breathe in for 7 counts, hold for 2 counts, and breathe out for 11 counts. It's gentle and quiet, you can even do it in the waiting room and no one will notice a thing. Just do it all with your regular breath, you don't need to breathe really deeply or slowly or anything like that. I use it all the time if I'm feeling overwhelmed, it was a CBT therapist who taught me the technique and it's one of the most effective I've tried.

What time are you at the dr? Let us know how you get on x

Well I'm home now an there's nothing wrong with my bloods atall!!! Fs how is it possible for all this to be anxiety! God knows but hey I feel at ease so now I can start my road to recovery which will be easier with all your help ty guys xxxx

That's excellent news. Did they offer you any help with the anxiety?
    I've had bloods taken today so I will await their results too.

Thread Information