Thread: Citalopram making me feel ill? Withdrawal is even worse

Question Citalopram making me feel ill? Withdrawal is even worse

My GP put me on 20mg citalopram in December and increased it to 30mg soon afterwards.

Since soon after starting on the Citalopram I ended up suffering with a never ending cold, sore throat and flu like symptoms including exhaustion and joint pain. I also found that my sex drive all but disappeared. After 5 months of feeling ill and the doctors being unable to help I tried coming off the Citalopram...

To start with things were a bit better didn't feel as tired but still felt ill then after about 10 days I suddenly started wanting to cry. Waves of sadness suddenly washed over me and things have gotten worse since then. It feels like the drugs were holding back all the things that were causing me stress like a dam hold back water now it feels like the dam has burst and everything is hitting me at once.

I don't want to go back on Citalopram but I don't much like this version of myself I have no patience I'm sad feel even more ill with flu like symptoms and just want to be alone (I've not told my wife or 1 year old son that though)

Does anyone else have any similar experiences? Particularly re feeling ill all the time. Will it pass? Or does this mean I'm destined to a life of being on Citalopram just so I can be the person I want to be?

Re: Citalopram making me feel ill? Withdrawal is even worse

Yes i dont feel good on citalopram and i start asking myself if theres something wrong with me, nausea for more than month, pains as i told before, i feel like a sick person physically and psychologicaly. Six years ago this med saved me now its the opposite. I dont know what to do. For themoment i just lay coz i feel sick, i think i caught a cold, im so tired..

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Oh yes and i forgot to say the only thing i wanna do is lay and read forums, i dont want to see or talk to anyone, i hopemy brain is still there...

Thread Information