Thread: worried again !!!

worried again !!!

hi ev 1
    could i have some advise plz, i have had anxiety with panic on and off for years, i started suffering quite bad with it again 2 years ago after i had a miscarrage, and thankfully it eased off again, but now ive just found out im 6 weeks pregnant again im happy about the pregnancy but my age is against me im 43 and ive been reading up on complications, ive had no other problems with my previous pregnancys ive got 4 healthy kids but im still anxious about what might happen also ive just changed my son to a school which is nearer to where i live and ive got to take him myself and im worried my panic attacks are going to grab me again i never took him when he was at his old school my chap did but he cant do it now as hes changed his job the school he is going to soon is about 15 mins there and back and being pregnant im scared of what might happen if i started panicing again what does everyone think and have you been in similar situation
    thanks sue xx

I've never been pregnant, but when/if I ever am, I can only imagine the anxiety I'll be going through!
    I'm going to offer you the best advice I can - DON'T READ ABOUT COMPLICATIONS! Reading about them will make you SURE you're going to have them, and that's awful. It will cause a lot of stress and tension and that's not good for you OR the baby! Just try to relax.
    I'm going to leave the better advice to people who have been where you are more, but again - my advice? - STOP RESEARCHING!

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

thanks for your reply xx

hi sue
    My mam had me when she was 42 and Im grand. her pregnancy was fine although unexpected after a ten year gap.
    I was 20 when I got pregnant and had loads of complications but every single one of these was anxiety based as my boyf ran off and left me alone to deal with it.
    I wish you all the best. Keep us updated on how u are doing!

Hi Sue congratulations,try not to read about the complications,you will get more anxious.I have been trying for a baby up until recently,I have no sex drive at the mo.Im 40 so I can imagine I would feel like you to.I dont have any children yet.Im sure all will go well.

Ellen XX

hi ellen thanks for your reply, the other thing im worried about is that ive got to start taking my son to school from monday and its about 30 mins there and back and i got to walk im worried that im going to panic as i havent been out for a while infact i know i will i dont want it to affect the baby do you know if it will thanks sue xx

Hi Sue, congratulations on your pregnancy! In my experience, panic/anxiety did not affect my 2 younger kinds in any way shape or form (they are 18, 16 now) and are normal everyday teenagers..I never 'suffered' when I had the older 2. If I were you, I would do a couple of trail runs to the school, if you think you will panic, i bet you do, tell yourself you can and will do it, have lots of back-up plans once you get to know other parents. You will manage just fine and your new baby will not be at all affected...and stop worrying about any complications eh? xjean

Congrats!

My advice is do not stress - take each day as it comes cos' each day baby is getting stronger.

As the others have said try not to get anxious - everything will slot into place

Thread Information