Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed again

Failed again

Hi everyone,

Feeling awful now. Failed to get into hospital for CBT. Couldn't get through the door- too afraid of panicking and wobbly legs.

Family are angry with me, they say I'm not trying and I just give up. Feel lost and alone, don't know where to go or what to say to any of them.

Lucy :(

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.
    -Marianne Williamson

Hi monty, sorry you're not too good. Did you go to hospital on your own? If so, would any member of your family, or even a friend, be willing to go with you next time? It makes all the difference sometimes if there is another person with you, even if they don't say much! In my opinion the fact that you actually got to the hospital is proof for anyone that you are trying - so please, please don't give up. PM me if you want to.

Please take care

lotsa luv

GG [:P]
    xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Hi Monty

At least you got to the door thats a start!!!

Phone the cbt people, tell them what happened and ask them for help.

They do understand

Luv Kaz x x x

Hi Monty,I agree with Kazzie,phone them and explain what happened.maybe they could meet you outside and go in with you.They understand how you are feeling pet.

Ellen XX

Hi Lucy,

You are not a failure at all, like Kazzy says you did well to get to the door! Im sure if you speak to your therapist and explain he/she will understand after all thats why you are having CBT, Dont be disheartened, there where times when i couldnt make it to my sessions either because of my Agorophobia, i had a home visit a couple of times maybe you could contact the hospital and see if it is possible for you to have a home visit also.

Sending you hugs Hun, and thinking of you,

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

hi monty,i too failed to get to my first cbt appointment,i rang them they talked to me over the phone, i now have someone who comes out to see me at home,dont be too hard on yourself if only it was as easy as trying harder,give them a ring im sure they will help you good luck
    jackie

Hi Lucy,

We all have little blips from time to time. I agree that if someone could go with you, to steady you so to speak it might help. can't hurt to phone and explain can it?

Hugs to you

Lynnann

I agree with the others - well done on getting to the door. Ellen's idea is a good one on getting someone to meet you. You can then do the appointment on the staircase!

Keep trying cos you will do it.
    XXXX

I also agree with the others Lucy, its great that you made it as far as you did, try not to beat yourself up about it, you done so well on getting to where you did!!! I know how hard it is.

They are arranging home visits for my cbt now, they are very understanding and I'm sure if you ring them they will help you as much as they can.

Good Luck hun xx

hi

first of all, give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for getting out the house, getting to the hospital and getting to the door and of course for getting back home.

sometimes we only see what we havent been able to achieve - and ok today you didnt manage to get through the door, but its not a failure, no one fails if they are trying and you obviously are.

like the others have said, give the cbt therapist a phone call and they will understand - this has happened to plenty others, myself included on numerous occasions.

with regards to your family, it can be frustrating for family members to understand what you are going through. But dont take this on board - you are doing the best you can at this moment.

take care

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information