Thread: resorted to google as no other help

resorted to google as no other help

i know its bad ....swore id never google but at a dead end really re my meds....i have been on seroxat for 10 yrs...but due to things happening have been signed off work last 2 months due to severe GAD...finally got an appointment with Pysch....who perscribed me Duloxetine (which is not widely known)...anyway picked up from chemist instead of giving me Cymbalta(brand name) given me Premieve which although contains duloxentine...is licensed for stress incontinence not depression...so I googled as really conerned..find out cymbalta is the duloxatine perscribed for anxiety...but then hey ho read everyones 'bad'experiences etc...arrrrrgh...Im so scared of coming off seroxat anyway ...not looking forward to sideaffects of a new drug..phoned my GP who was unsure of Cymbalta anyway ...said it may interact with ssri's..(lower seroxat whilst taking this new one....)
    Im in a completed state of panic...I cant seem to get any med help from anywhere....what to switch too etc
    im sorry to ramble and yes I shouldnt of googled but im at such a loss....
    Im not seeing the Pscychaitrist for 6 weeks and he's off now till January

sarah

mooks, take a big deep breath... it's understandable that you feel nervous about coming off something that you are not used to taking everyday... it's a change in your routine. thats all. if you look up any drug on the net you'll see a horse load of people who have had bad effects. it may not affect you in the same manner and may work brillaintly. so try look at it as this may be the best thing that you can be on.... try not to think about what the sideeffects are... as you may end up bringing them on... i know i have in the past so i don't look up any medication on the web anymore.

ur doctor/psy know what thwy are doing... don't worry

Hi Sarah,bad bad girl googling!!!!!!!,only joking pet.Antidepressants are prescribed for allsorts,my sleeping pills are prescribed for childrens incontinance[:O]If you are really not happy about taking them,go back to your gp and explain its making your anxiety worse worrying about changing them.I did this,she was very understanding.
    Try not to read about peoples experiences from there meds,we are all different,and they affect us all in different ways.
    take care luv
    Ellen

Ellen XX

Sarah did you ever ring the tablet advice line on the medication forum (it's a sticky so it's always there??

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi piglet
    never thought of that duh.....
    ill give them a ring
    thanks hunxxx

Thread Information