Thread: Returning member

Returning member

Hi all,
    I'm returning after some years away and have since got married and just had a lovely baby boy.
    And everything was wonderful and lovely. Until the moment I went in to labour.
    This was traumatic and I won't go in to detiLs here but I became unwell and very frightened.
    I have 20+ years of anxiety issues and cycles of depression but the depression that has hit me this time is...well overwhelming. I have been prescribed some medication and had an emergency assessment with a lady who yawned and looked very bored. She says she will get someone to talk to me about counselling. Basically, I'm having very intrusive thoughts of needing to be gone for my family to be happy and it's horrible.
    The whole thing is complex so I won't bore out side of specific threads. I can't access chat at the moment as I've had to give up work permanently dor now as I am finding it hard to cope with just the one child (I was a senior teacher) so I have no laptop and have to use my phone or iPad.
    I'm here because I don't want to burden my husband or other family with my selfish problems and need somewhere safe to vent even id no one reads it,
    Thank you x

Re: Returning member

see your dr you might be suffering post natal depression x

Re: Returning member

I have had pnd confirmed and had an emergency mental health assessment and waiting for counselling and cbt. I'm just back to keep myself positive and "talking" so I don't shut myself off if you see what I mean.

Thread Information