Thread: Womb worries.

Womb worries.

Today I went to see my doc about the abnormal bleeding I've been having since January. Basically I have started getting a week of brown spotting/ brown watery discharge a week before my period starts. Previously my periods were like clockwork, every 28 days.
    I also had pain in the right groin area in jan and February and had an abdominal ultrasound done in March which was clear. Anyway today the doc checked the report and all that had been written on it was "no evidence of a hernia could be found" with no mention of anything else.
    She now wants me to go back for another ultrasound, she did ask if they checked all around my lower abdomen which I told her they had and had said they couldn't see anything abnormal and everything looked fine but because none of that had been out on the report she will send me for another one. Also I have to go and have a couple of swabs taken too to rule out infection. She mentioned uterine cancer!!!!!! And said that some of the symptoms I'm presenting with could be caused by that.
    Obviously that is doing nothing to help my health anxiety and my cancer phobia.
    I really don't want to spiral into panic attack/ worry mode. I had just assumed it was because I'm probably peri-menopausal.
    Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Re: Womb worries.

If you has assumed you are peri menopause then you are most likely to be right. Our body goes through so many change at this times and periods go erratic. I have just had a hysteroscopy and also panicked about the worst but that is most unlikely.
    Obviously you need to be checked out to rule out anything more sinister but the probability is low. I can understand your fears though as I have been there myself.

Thankyou so much Annie, I just wish she hadn't mentioned the 'C' word then I would be in ignorant bliss !!! I don't feel unwell at all which I'm pretty sure I would have been by now as it's been going on for 6 months. During the day whilst I've got things to keep me occupied I'm ok but I know as soon as I put the children to bed tonight the thoughts will slowly creep in. Doesn't help that my husband is away on a course for the next 5wks.

My doctor told me that some of my symptoms could be cancer but it wasn't. Like you say I am sure you would have had more symptoms by now. Much more likely to be normal menopause symptoms as it was with me.

Thread Information