Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopping smoking

Stopping smoking

hi i am a smoker and i have been trying to stop smoking for a while i was wondering has any body quit smoking and there panic attacks and anxiety have not been as bad i don't go out so i smoke all the time then i feel guilty because i tell my family that i am cutting down or i tell them i am going to stop i keep setting my self a date when i am going to stop but i only last a couple of hours then i start smoking again marg

I gave up smoking last year and it's the best thing i ever did. Saved me a heap of cash too.

I'm pretty strong willed though so i just stopped there and then. I really don't think these patches and stuff work unless you really do want to give up for good

"Forget Perfection, You'll Never Reach it'

Hi Marg

Take a look at these links they may help:

Stopping smoking
    HELP TO STOP SMOKING
    Teaching
    Giving up smoking!
    Smoking increasing my Anxiety
    smoking
    smoking, anxiety and panic
    quitting smoking- what about the patch?
    NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS LIST
    FW: Giving up Smoking

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

i smoke..wish I could give up....my anxiety retyrned with a vengeance last 2 months so smoking more.....
    gonna try in New Year xx

Hi Marg

I gave up in July of this year and I was a pretty big smoker (20 yrs approx. 30 a day). Also started to eat a little more healthy and cut down on caffeine and , in all honesty, I do feel better.

I had often tried to pack in before but to no avail. I read Alan Carr 'The Easy Way to Give Up Smoking' which was brilliant, but still, I smoked. Then I read Susan Jeffers, Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway and that was the book that really helped me. I guess I was frightened to give up and her book gave me the courage to face my life without fags!!!

Good luck

Kay x

Marg,

I'd rather have all me teeth pulled than quit smoking LOL

Anxiety+Panic=A big nicotine addiction

Take care,Candie xxx

Hi

I am really struggling with this vicious circle too. I am anxious because I think smoking will kill me but the more anxious I am the more I smoke..

I am desperate to give up but have no idea how to do it when life is such a struggle just to keep things together. I have this fear that the panic attacks will return really badly if I give up.

I't so so so annoying. I hate smoking. I hate being an addict. I hate not being in control. I could REALLY rant now but I'll stop!!!

oh, I have had acupuncture, hypnotherapy, been to a clinic, patches, gum, read Alan Carr.... ho hum!

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

I had to give up smoking. I was waking up every night unable to breathe. I'd take my inhalers and kept trying to breath ok. Eventually it would subside some and then I would try and get more sleep by sitting up on my pillows. The crunch came when my daughter stayed over her boyfriends and because I was so scrared of dying alone I stayed up all night.

It was very hard as I am a long term 40-50 a day smoker. I gave up with boots nicassist chewing gum. It will have been a year on the 22nd December 2005 since I had my last cigarette. Please try smokers to give up incase you end up lie I did - convinced every night was going to be my last.

My asthma is a lot better also.

Sheena

SHEENA

Hi Marg,
    I stopped smoking last new years day for 3 1/2 months.
    I used patches but once Id finished the course I started craving again.
    Im going to stop again this new year and this time it will be for good,I hope.
    As for anxiety getting worse, it didnt for me,I think its about your feelings about quitting. There is a website, clicktoquit which I found useful,they have a forum too.Ill be there again in January.
    We could start a stop smoking thread on here for the new year,if anyone is interested,in fact I'll start one now on the misc forum.
    Take care
    julie x

that would be a great idea.i NEED to stop........and was planning on doing it the new yr let me know i have done it before 2x actually but hopefully 3rd is a charm...............linda tc xxxx[8D]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information