After hearing today about a relative of mine who is going to have his testicle removed due to abnormalities, it got me thinking about "women's health". I'm 25 and have never been to a gynecologist basically because I'm too scared, but now my death anxiety (which is hugely problematic) is triggering health anxiety. I am scared that I unknowingly have cancer :(

I realised that Jade Goody who died of cervical cancer was only two years older than me and that is terrifying.

Just thinking about the examination makes me want to cry. I seriously think I'll need to take the max does of my benzos just to survive it. The entire process horrifies me, I'm *extremely* uncomfortable with being exposed like that. I know I can request a female doctor but I still think I'll panic and probably sob like a baby though the whole thing.

The worst part though is waiting for test results. I was worrying over a simple blood test last month, this would be even worse! And if they say anything is abnormal that to me means I am going to die, I'd panic every single day, I literally would not be able to function until I was told I was ok. I'm so so so scared of the waiting period for getting results, or hearing something bad.

But I also don't want to die of cancer :( I looked up the survival odds and saw something like only 63% of women with cervical cancer are still alive after ten years.

How do other women with anxiety problems, especially health anxiety, handle this? If I took three benzos before my appointment (my max daily dose) would that be ok? How long do test results take generally and how do you cope with the waiting time?